60 Years of Wedded Bliss

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

How many years have you been married?

1-5 Years
1
5%
6-10 Years
3
14%
11-15 Years
5
24%
16-20 Years
3
14%
21-30 Years
2
10%
31+ Years
4
19%
Not Married woo hoo!!
3
14%
 
Total votes: 21

User avatar
Sherry
Moderator
Posts: 5731
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 6:13 pm
Location: USA,Texas
Contact:

60 Years of Wedded Bliss

Postby Sherry » May 15th, 2004, 9:55 pm

This weekend has been a very special one for our family. First my husbands graduation yesterday and today we celebrated my grandparents, Gene and Dorothy Roach's 60th Wedding Anniversery. I asked them how they have managed to stay so happy together, and they said, "It just gets better with age, the older we get the more in love we become." Isn't that beautiful? They are such a wonderful example of what marriage is all about. Let me tell you what type of people they are, the whole family, their kids, grandkids, great grandkids, etc all meet for dinner at a fun German resturant that has lots of singing, dancing just fun. We are there to honor their 60 years of marriage. Instead, grandpa stands up and says that he loves his family and that tonight he wants thank us for being a great family, dinner is on him.

When God was making the plans for what a Grandparent should be......he used mine as the blueprint. I really believe that. God has blessed me with a strong christian grandparents that were always there for me. I want to be just like them when I grow up!

I have been married 20 years, 21 in Nov. a ways to go till I get to 60! :wink:

Peace,
Sherry

User avatar
Methusala
Needs a LIFE
Posts: 139
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 6:29 pm
Location: USA,Oregon
Contact:

Marriage

Postby Methusala » May 16th, 2004, 4:09 am

Got married when I was a new High School graduate and seventeen years old, to a man who was 22 and just returned from 3 tours of duty in Viet Nam. We went on our first date 3 1/2 months previous to our marraige.

Neither of us were Christians. Just short of a year later we welcomed our first child and almost two years after that our second child.

fast forward another 12 years and we finally found the Lord, and began life in Him.

Fast forward another seven years and husband became a pastor in COGOP.

fast forward another 11 years, and we are no longer in COGOP, yet attending a wonderful non-denominational church and happily continuing to serve the Lord.

A marriage started in all the wrong circumstances, through rough and rocky waters has survived 36 years and is stronger than ever.

Thank you Lord, for continuing to call us, even when we were deaf to your voice.

Wendi
Jude 2 - Where salt can keep it's savor

User avatar
Paully_44
Established Member
Posts: 7480
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 4:20 am
Location: USA,Washington

13 years

Postby Paully_44 » May 17th, 2004, 4:48 am

My wife & I just celebrated our 13th year of marriage. :D

I suprised her with a weekend away at a weekend away in the Mtns at a bed & breadkfast here, http://www.abendblume.com/
Let the wild rumpus start!


Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests

Login  •  Register