Poll on Poimen and TCOG

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Poimen ...

You are deluded and seek to deceive others, but that's no spin. You need to be banned from J2
3
10%
You definitly are the spin doctor, you white washer you.
2
7%
I disagree with you, but think you are simply offering TCOGs "best side" in your partcipation here
16
55%
other (see reply)
8
28%
 
Total votes: 29

User avatar
Poimen
What's next?
Posts: 3403
Joined: February 10th, 2003, 1:49 pm
Location: USA, Alabama

Poll on Poimen and TCOG

Postby Poimen » January 27th, 2006, 9:15 am

It has been said that I white wash TCOG in my particpation here. I am curious what you guys think. I know I am probably STUPID for actually opening this up to a free and candid dialog via a poll. But oh well. :roll: :lol:




Please don't bite and nash and devour me. :shock: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Poimen
What's next?
Posts: 3403
Joined: February 10th, 2003, 1:49 pm
Location: USA, Alabama

Postby Poimen » January 27th, 2006, 9:24 am

I voted other so as to be able to see the results of the poll more easily.

*Poimen replies to self*

Poimen,

I think you are a great guy. Handsome. Funny. Intelligent. Sincere. If you were not already married and if I were a woman I would be after you for sure. Whatever your beliefs -- you awesome hunk and eptiome of a man you.



:shock: :shock: :oops: :P :lol:
Last edited by Poimen on January 27th, 2006, 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Poimen
Bro. Christopher

"I wish a buck was still silver, it was back when the country was strong." -- The Hag

User avatar
amydawn
Hey, hey, hey
Posts: 1804
Joined: August 26th, 2003, 3:48 am
Location: USA,Ohio

Postby amydawn » January 27th, 2006, 9:28 am

Absolutely --- the most attractive attribute of any man, regardless of his merits -- is self-confidence. Keep up the good work!

:D
Neutiquam erro

Ilovebigcats
---=== J2 ===---
Posts: 5044
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 6:58 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby Ilovebigcats » January 27th, 2006, 9:32 am

Poimen wrote:I voted other so as to be able to see the results of the poll more easily.

*Poimen replies to self*

Poimen,

I think you are a great guy. Handsome. Funny. Interlligent. Sincere. If you were not already married and if I were a woman I would be after you for sure. Whatever your beliefs -- you awesome hunk and eptiome of a man you.



:shock: :shock: :oops: :P :lol:


Good Lord save us all!! I think your head just got bigger! :P

This comment from the horses mouth sums it up.

Poimen says he's wrote: Interlligent.

User avatar
Poimen
What's next?
Posts: 3403
Joined: February 10th, 2003, 1:49 pm
Location: USA, Alabama

Postby Poimen » January 27th, 2006, 9:36 am

Well, pardon me, my Alabamian red neck accent does slip out online occasionally.

:oops: :oops: :oops:


The size of my head has nothing to do with this poll, thank you. :evil: :evil: :lol:
Poimen
Bro. Christopher

"I wish a buck was still silver, it was back when the country was strong." -- The Hag

User avatar
Shellie
Site Admin
Posts: 8750
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 4:24 pm
Location: USA,Florida
Contact:

Postby Shellie » January 27th, 2006, 9:41 am

I think that you are a teachable spirit that has a loyal heart.

Translation: I believe you sincerely believe what you teach, but in time your teachable spirit will play a role in you being led out of those beliefs. Confused yet? :D
There never was a horse that couldn't be rode and there never was a cowboy that couldn't be throwed.

User avatar
RamboPreacher
RamboPreacher
Posts: 12355
Joined: July 17th, 2004, 5:41 pm
Location: USA, Texas

Postby RamboPreacher » January 27th, 2006, 9:43 am

I agree to disagree. I have alot of respect for him, and have had less "judgement" from him than a few within the COGOP (though, honestly, most of the "judgement" I have heard, is from TCOG)

Body of Christ=Bride of Christ=all who have accepted the gift of Christs salvation. (in my understanding and opinion)
Thanks, Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling

User avatar
dolfan
Established Member
Posts: 8016
Joined: March 17th, 2004, 1:25 pm
Location: USA,Alabama
Contact:

Postby dolfan » January 27th, 2006, 10:02 am

I voted other, FWIW. I like Poimen. He has a good beat, and he's easy to dance to. :lol: :lol: (Any of you too young to remember American Bandstand, just let that glide on by.) He's sincere and acquits himself well. He's respectful. I disagree with him on his church beliefs 180 degrees, but because I believe we're part of one body I don't let being out of phase in our opinions stand in the way of the unity we have in Christ. I also don't see why you should put yourself up for an approval poll. Lord knows there are plenty of disagreements on J2, and criticism abounds from every corner. That's part of the fun of being here although it swings to the unbearable at times. Good actually does happen from it, IMHO. Don't feel attacked. It's all good. Inside, my real opinion is that what Shellie said will eventually happen, but it may not. The price of that is pretty high, and I'm not sure that being right about it all is worth it. You may be just as well to do what you're doing where you're doing it if, in making a change, you'd do the same thing somewhere else.

Just my .02.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

User avatar
Pastor Bill
---=== J2 ===---
Posts: 5168
Joined: February 3rd, 2003, 10:04 am
Location: USA,Kentucky
Contact:

Postby Pastor Bill » January 27th, 2006, 10:03 am

I disagree with you, can't see how a person with your intellegence can honestly hold some of those beliefs, but frankly I believe you are honest and upfront with those beliefs and you have never been anything but kind in what I have seen here.

I for one would not want to see you banned, you're a good guy. I wouldn't call you a whitewasher, but you are one (much as I am) to try to look for the best in even the worst situation. That can cause you to look like you are whitewashing, but it's more about optimism. I think there are some of us that the same thing could be said about when it comes to the cogop and looking for the best there.

User avatar
amydawn
Hey, hey, hey
Posts: 1804
Joined: August 26th, 2003, 3:48 am
Location: USA,Ohio

Postby amydawn » January 27th, 2006, 10:08 am

dolfan wrote: The price of that is pretty high, and I'm not sure that being right about it all is worth it.


Oh my gaaawwwd, ain't that the truth??!! What a valuable, liberating realization.
Neutiquam erro

Ilovebigcats
---=== J2 ===---
Posts: 5044
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 6:58 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby Ilovebigcats » January 27th, 2006, 10:44 am

Poimen wrote:Well, pardon me, my Alabamian red neck accent does slip out online occasionally. :oops: :oops: :oops:


No No No No... you will not walk away that easily.

Alabamian accent would say Intellergent not Interlligent.
However if you put -ament on the end of that word... that is what Alabama children are often referred to as.... Interlligentament. :twisted: :P

The size of my head has nothing to do with this poll, thank you. :evil: :evil: :lol:


Oh but it does... and all the information stored therein. :P

User avatar
dolfan
Established Member
Posts: 8016
Joined: March 17th, 2004, 1:25 pm
Location: USA,Alabama
Contact:

Postby dolfan » January 27th, 2006, 11:03 am

Ilovegcats wrote:No No No No... you will not walk away that easily.

Alabamian accent would say Intellergent not Interlligent.
However if you put -ament on the end of that word... that is what Alabama children are often referred to as.... Interlligentament. :twisted: :P


Of course, you know, this means war.

Image
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Gerald Creasy

Postby Gerald Creasy » January 27th, 2006, 11:31 am

In many ways Poimen is the most Christian Man I have ever met, he has met my cantankerous smartalec abrasiveness head-on with kindness and respect, unlike the majority who have whined and complained and sought to have me banned for having a cantankerous smartalec abrasive nature.

In many ways he has displayed brilliance, but at the same time holds ridiculous views and ideas that he does not allow his brilliance to shine upon.

Religious indocrination is the hardest thing in life to deal with.

WHen it finally hits that Flags and Cleveland and Tomlinsonism is nothing more than the self aggrandizing agenda of poor white mountainfolk gotten out of control and has nothing really to do with TRUE church and TRUE Christianity, watch out....there may be a mega-church spring up in his neck of the woods.

dbserv
Hey, hey, hey
Posts: 1570
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 7:23 pm
Location: USA,California
Contact:

Postby dbserv » January 27th, 2006, 3:05 pm

Shellie wrote:I think that you are a teachable spirit that has a loyal heart.

Translation: I believe you sincerely believe what you teach, but in time your teachable spirit will play a role in you being led out of those beliefs. Confused yet? :D



I have to agree with Shellie. I couldn't have said it better. I know another young man on these forums who went through that process some time back.


I don't usually agree with you on "Church/Body" issues, but I enjoy our interactions immensely.
God Bless You

Dan Bagley

User avatar
TW
Established Member
Posts: 8866
Joined: November 4th, 2004, 3:38 pm
Location: USA,Georgia
Contact:

Postby TW » January 27th, 2006, 5:35 pm

We all hold different views, even within denominations, as can clearly be seen on this forum. Be yourself.



TW
Anglo-Saxon Proto-English Manuscripts (995 AD): “God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

My blog - http://theoldman.wordpress.com/


Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

Login  •  Register