Any water skiers here

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Have you ever water skied?

yes,loved it
7
39%
No, but would like to try
8
44%
tried it, won't try it again
3
17%
 
Total votes: 18

User avatar
teach
I can see clearly now!
Posts: 2829
Joined: April 25th, 2006, 6:14 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby teach » September 15th, 2006, 3:22 am

I have issues with being clumsy, but I would love to try it! I doubt I would be any good though!

wendy k

It would be cool if I could do my backwards walk on skies!

User avatar
dolfan
Established Member
Posts: 8016
Joined: March 17th, 2004, 1:25 pm
Location: USA,Alabama
Contact:

Postby dolfan » September 15th, 2006, 4:09 am

My oldest brother taught my brother, Tony, and me when we were teenagers. Loved it. This summer, Tony purchased his Xth number of boats and we hit Smith Lake in Cullman County, AL. I decided to give it a go after about 20+ years. I couldn't get up because of my shoulder and my back and about 30 pounds of spare tire I didn't have when I was 17. But, I did get on the boogie board with no problem, and I did ride the big tube with Charlcie ... that was a lot of fun.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

User avatar
dolfan
Established Member
Posts: 8016
Joined: March 17th, 2004, 1:25 pm
Location: USA,Alabama
Contact:

Postby dolfan » September 15th, 2006, 4:11 am

teach wrote:I have issues with being clumsy, but I would love to try it! I doubt I would be any good though!

wendy k

It would be cool if I could do my backwards walk on skies!


It would be on CNN if you could do your backwards walk on skis!!!! (Now, if you could do it on 'skies', as you typed, you'd be on Criss Angel Mindfreak.) :lol: :lol:
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

User avatar
Pastor Bill
---=== J2 ===---
Posts: 5168
Joined: February 3rd, 2003, 10:04 am
Location: USA,Kentucky
Contact:

Postby Pastor Bill » September 15th, 2006, 4:17 am

When I was about 4 we were at my uncle's on the Ohio river (rule there was when you got up you put on your swimming trunks, otherwise your clothes were going to get wet, because you were going in one way or another!)

My cousin and I were on a surfboard behind the boat, and they gave me very explicit instructions to stay seated, and not be afraid. about the 2nd or 3rd turn, my cousin (who probably was on skis daily) said "here's the fun part, and stood up, holding the ski rope, and quickly fell off, which left me at 4 years old floating free down the Ohio river on a surfboard, scared my Mom, but I didn't think a thing about it, just started paddling, and was fairly close to the dock by the time the boat got turned around and picked up April.

User avatar
teach
I can see clearly now!
Posts: 2829
Joined: April 25th, 2006, 6:14 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby teach » September 15th, 2006, 4:32 am

dolfan wrote:
teach wrote:I have issues with being clumsy, but I would love to try it! I doubt I would be any good though!

wendy k

It would be cool if I could do my backwards walk on skies!


It would be on CNN if you could do your backwards walk on skis!!!! (Now, if you could do it on 'skies', as you typed, you'd be on Criss Angel Mindfreak.) :lol: :lol:


hey, I teach math not english!

User avatar
Pastor Don
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...
Posts: 433
Joined: March 5th, 2003, 1:15 pm
Location: USA,NorthCarolina
Contact:

Postby Pastor Don » September 15th, 2006, 9:31 am

Billy n NC wrote:Yeah Right.... and which tugboat do I get behind......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Dude, you are nutz.

I voted Yes, tried it and loved (as in past tense) it, because Ipersonallyy don't think Hippos belong in bathing suits... speaking for my self ONLY.

I could just see me falling and floating up on the shore of the Lake and some one calling Animal Rescue for the beached whale....

Thanks but no thanks....


God bless...
Blessings; DJ


Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests

Login  •  Register