Has Anybody Noticed

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

RaceRunner
Hall Of Fame
Posts: 652
Joined: March 24th, 2004, 7:36 am
Location: USA,Alabama

Postby RaceRunner » April 17th, 2009, 12:50 pm

beckrl wrote:I have seen that Quizno's one ,but thought little about it at that time.

"You know we both liked that" :shock:

It's like the day the music died... when words like **** was excepted.
Sorry for that reference of the day the music died :oops: :wink:
But that's when I stopped listening to RIR.

What's next for TV. RaceRunner your right about it show's what time it is. The thing is I was watching the Ncaa tourament when I saw these. :roll:


I saw a comment from one woman on a Mom's Blog that she saw the Quiznos commercial on Nickelodian during children's programming.
(it didn't exist when my kid's were little, so I'm unsure of Nick's content)

I wouldn't have allowed my young children to watch Shrek if it existed back then because of it's gay content. Back then, I banned the Smurfs and Peewee Herman (long before he was "outed") from my household.

Legacy
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...
Posts: 349
Joined: January 24th, 2005, 5:35 pm
Location: USA,Arkansas
Contact:

Postby Legacy » April 17th, 2009, 4:36 pm

Wow. I haven't seen the Taco Bell one with the guy dressed up, but I probably wouldn't have thought anything about it. I have seen the other one with guy and pregnant girl on the bus. I'm surprised someone here hasn't said that it's bad because it's a reference to the transgender guy who gave birth not too long ago since the guy is compared to the pregnant lady. :roll:

I've only seen, or only remember seeing, the Quiznos commercial where the guy talks to the oven...don't remember anything dirty from it.

The commercial that is racy is Hardees new burger commercial where the lady talks about having a love affair with food and then goes into this erotic way of eating it with the camera focusing on exposed parts of her body. That one made me :shock: especially with young men in the house watching it.
I don't want to go through the motions. I don't want to go one more day without Your all consuming passion inside of me. I don't want to spend my whole life asking what if I had given everything instead of going through the motions. ~ Matthew West "The Motions"

User avatar
pastorables
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4748
Joined: February 9th, 2004, 10:01 am
Location: USA, Alabama
Contact:

Postby pastorables » April 17th, 2009, 5:02 pm

Risque' commercials is one of the chief reasons for our decision not to have cable or satellite. My son would stop everything to watch the commercials and too many were simply unacceptable (especially the movie ads). We have been disconnected for several months now. It has been a great blessing for our family as we do more hands on activities together now. Previously, television viewing was mostly a time of noise. Now, on our television nights, we choose a video and sit down together for quality family time.
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."Jim Elliot - Missionary Martyr

Image

User avatar
beckrl
Woohoo!
Posts: 1229
Joined: September 2nd, 2008, 12:17 pm
Location: USA,SouthCarolina

Postby beckrl » April 18th, 2009, 4:26 am

Legacy wrote:Wow. I haven't seen the Taco Bell one with the guy dressed up, but I probably wouldn't have thought anything about it. I have seen the other one with guy and pregnant girl on the bus. I'm surprised someone here hasn't said that it's bad because it's a reference to the transgender guy who gave birth not too long ago since the guy is compared to the pregnant lady. :roll:

I've only seen, or only remember seeing, the Quiznos commercial where the guy talks to the oven...don't remember anything dirty from it.

The commercial that is racy is Hardees new burger commercial where the lady talks about having a love affair with food and then goes into this erotic way of eating it with the camera focusing on exposed parts of her body. That one made me :shock: especially with young men in the house watching it.



The Hardees commercial, That's right. I saw that one and forgot who's burger commerical it was for looking at the young lady :shock: :shock: :wink:

User avatar
EagerBeaver
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4706
Joined: September 5th, 2003, 5:05 pm
Location: USA,Missouri
Contact:

Postby EagerBeaver » April 18th, 2009, 6:06 am

RUN AND HIDE! SATAN'S ON THE TV!!!

Seriously if you don't like what's on, you have an on/off switch.

There are also those of us that don't have televisions...
Chris Brewer - My Website

User avatar
beckrl
Woohoo!
Posts: 1229
Joined: September 2nd, 2008, 12:17 pm
Location: USA,SouthCarolina

Postby beckrl » April 18th, 2009, 6:17 am

Right, It's our choise. I wanted to know if anyone else noticed how things (times) are changing. Some may live in a box and never know :wink:

User avatar
Messianic Believer
Needs a hobby
Posts: 84
Joined: May 29th, 2003, 5:02 pm
Location: USA,Texas
Contact:

Postby Messianic Believer » April 18th, 2009, 7:37 am

RaceRunner wrote:
I wouldn't have allowed my young children to watch Shrek if it existed back then because of it's gay content. Back then, I banned the Smurfs and Peewee Herman (long before he was "outed") from my household.


Whoa, wait! Shrek is gay?! I thought he married a girl, well a female ogre. When did this happen? Did he leave his wife for someone else? It wasn't donkey was it because donkey is married to the female dragon. And both Shrek and donkey have kids so whose getting custody?

Asked in jest, but really, where does Shrek have "gay" content, and by gay I don't mean all the happiness in it.
With Messiah Y'shua, we have access to His salvation.
With the Torah, we have access to His wisdom.


Visit us at Lamp of Messiah Hebraic Ministries.

User avatar
bibleguy
The J2 500
Posts: 551
Joined: February 7th, 2004, 6:56 am
Location: USA,Oklahoma
Contact:

Postby bibleguy » April 18th, 2009, 8:06 am

I think that they're referring to the cross-dressing princess guy, and Pinocchio wearing women's underwear. :oops:

It is disgusting that even the shows or films that could be enjoyable have to throw in stuff like that: some subtle, some very overt.

Fewer and fewer shows or movies are good enough to offset the junk that the writers throw in.
Get your nose in the Book! Be a Bible Guy Today!


Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

Login  •  Register