Any water skiers here

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Have you ever water skied?

yes,loved it
7
39%
No, but would like to try
8
44%
tried it, won't try it again
3
17%
 
Total votes: 18

User avatar
Susie Hamilton
Established Member
Posts: 7587
Joined: May 7th, 2003, 9:14 am
Location: USA,Virginia
Contact:

Any water skiers here

Postby Susie Hamilton » September 14th, 2006, 1:40 pm

I have never done this and probably never will. I am one of those people that, well, lets just say, my Pastor once told me "You get the weird stuff" I don't try anything where there is a possiblility that I might get hurt seriously.

User avatar
Susie Hamilton
Established Member
Posts: 7587
Joined: May 7th, 2003, 9:14 am
Location: USA,Virginia
Contact:

Postby Susie Hamilton » September 14th, 2006, 1:56 pm

Let me explain the weird stuff. Go on and laugh. You know when you bake a potato you have to make some slits in it first, well, I stabbed my hand. I have fell up stairs. When I used to smoke, once I reached up for the cig and instead hit it with my hand and knocked it up and it fell down behind my glasses with the lit end on my upper check just below my eye. So now you understand why I won't go water skying. LOL

User avatar
Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 10475
Joined: January 28th, 2003, 9:03 pm
Location: USA,Hawaii
Contact:

Not enough poll options

Postby Pastor Gary » September 14th, 2006, 2:13 pm

How about "Never tried it and have zero interest in trying it."?
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

User avatar
TW
Established Member
Posts: 8866
Joined: November 4th, 2004, 3:38 pm
Location: USA,Georgia
Contact:

Postby TW » September 14th, 2006, 2:19 pm

Rahab wrote:Let me explain the weird stuff. Go on and laugh. You know when you bake a potato you have to make some slits in it first, well, I stabbed my hand. I have fell up stairs. When I used to smoke, once I reached up for the cig and instead hit it with my hand and knocked it up and it fell down behind my glasses with the lit end on my upper check just below my eye. So now you understand why I won't go water skying. LOL


Are you trying to say that you are just a little accident prone? Or that your a "clutz?" :lol:

Just picking on you.


TW
Anglo-Saxon Proto-English Manuscripts (995 AD): “God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

My blog - http://theoldman.wordpress.com/

User avatar
Susie Hamilton
Established Member
Posts: 7587
Joined: May 7th, 2003, 9:14 am
Location: USA,Virginia
Contact:

Postby Susie Hamilton » September 14th, 2006, 2:30 pm

Are you trying to say that you are just a little accident prone? Or that your a "clutz?"

Well, LOL strange things happen to me and I have accepted it, just try to be carefull. PG I have never tried it and won't either, LOL.

User avatar
Joey
Da Bomb!
Posts: 910
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 4:16 pm
Location: USA,Kentucky

Postby Joey » September 14th, 2006, 2:47 pm

I love to ski on both water & snow. They are both risky but full of the "rush" that my personality type likes. I think that if you have a good driver (of the boat) and he/she will watch out for you and have plenty of patience while you learn to "get up" on the water, you could probably learn to do it.
The 3 hardest things are learning to stiffen your legs, hold the skis parallel and lean back away from the boat.
Of course, the younger you are, the quicker it is to pick up on it and easier to recover from a face slam on the water's surface, but that doesn't say that a forty something or even a fifty something couldn't do it if they had decent physical strength.
Most will say why do you do that?
With me, it's mostly about the feeling of catching air as you hit a wave or mogul at about 40-50 mph! Whew - that'll make you smack your mamma!

User avatar
Billy n NC
Moderator
Posts: 2694
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 8:39 am
Location: USA,NorthCarolina
Contact:

Postby Billy n NC » September 14th, 2006, 3:25 pm

Yeah Right.... and which tugboat do I get behind......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Billy Broach
Ebroach Services
http://www.ebroach.net/mediatech/

Bringing Media Technologies to God's Church Familes

Skype Name is ebroachnnc AIM is broachb

User avatar
Shellie
Site Admin
Posts: 8750
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 4:24 pm
Location: USA,Florida
Contact:

Postby Shellie » September 14th, 2006, 3:30 pm

I think I'd rather be pulled on a tube, but hey...I'd try it.
There never was a horse that couldn't be rode and there never was a cowboy that couldn't be throwed.

Penny
I can see clearly now!
Posts: 2402
Joined: September 18th, 2003, 2:55 am
Location: USA,NorthCarolina
Contact:

Postby Penny » September 14th, 2006, 3:54 pm

I would love to try to water ski

User avatar
Jennifer Smith
Moderator
Posts: 3745
Joined: June 23rd, 2003, 11:40 am
Location: USA,Indiana

Postby Jennifer Smith » September 14th, 2006, 3:58 pm

Waterskiing is not too dangerous as far as I know! We usually go when visiting my parents, it is a lot of fun! :)
..I press on to take hold of that
for which Christ took hold of me.
-Phil 3:12

User avatar
Ginger
Whoa!!
Whoa!!
Posts: 476
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 4:44 pm
Location: N.C.

Postby Ginger » September 14th, 2006, 4:20 pm

barefooting is the most fun, and the easist after you learn how.
Our grandson was sking at 4 years old. =D>
I can do all things through Christ!

User avatar
KiMmY
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...
Posts: 435
Joined: March 23rd, 2004, 9:42 am
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby KiMmY » September 14th, 2006, 6:41 pm

I attended Peerless Road's Summer Fire Camp and got to do some water sports. I tried the it...ha!...and drank a lot of lake water. It was fun.
"GREAT GRANDMOTHER'S SPATULA!!!"

User avatar
Paully_44
Established Member
Posts: 7480
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 4:20 am
Location: USA,Washington

Postby Paully_44 » September 14th, 2006, 7:24 pm

Tried it a couple times. Snow skiing was more my thing.
Let the wild rumpus start!

User avatar
RamboPreacher
RamboPreacher
Posts: 12355
Joined: July 17th, 2004, 5:41 pm
Location: USA, Texas

Postby RamboPreacher » September 15th, 2006, 1:32 am

it was too hard trying to shoot other people with paintballs while they were skiing too, and besides our masks kept falling off when we wipe-out.
Thanks, Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling

User avatar
Pastor Bill
---=== J2 ===---
Posts: 5168
Joined: February 3rd, 2003, 10:04 am
Location: USA,Kentucky
Contact:

Postby Pastor Bill » September 15th, 2006, 3:12 am

I love both, not the greatest at Water skiing, but if you're going to do both learn to water ski first, I did it the other way around, and there are a couple things you DON'T want to try to do on the water (like slow down, you ain't gonna stop that boat!)

And as Joey said it's not just for kids, my uncle is 68 or 69 and water skis probably at least once a week, and snow skis whe he can (Ain't alot of snow in TX)

the 2 churches I grew up in both took yearly ski trips with the youth, now if I can just talk Joey into that...


Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

Login  •  Register