making fun of church splits...

A forum for the discussion of TV, movies, music and pop-culture influences from a Christian perspective. A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

User avatar
RamboPreacher
RamboPreacher
Posts: 12355
Joined: July 17th, 2004, 5:41 pm
Location: USA, Texas

making fun of church splits...

Postby RamboPreacher » September 13th, 2006, 4:43 pm

Let's start with a fictitious church name and start some splits. you have to come up with a reason to split (short couple sentences or less) and then a new abbreviation/acronym for your group. You don't have to split from the original organization I will post, but you need to split from a parent or child organization from the root, at least. In other words, not everyone needs to split from the same one.

God's Bride (GB). Proudly believing in the portions of scripture that suit us best!

BTW - this is for HUMOR, please don't get all realistic and innuendo-y
Thanks, Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling

User avatar
Jennifer Smith
Moderator
Posts: 3745
Joined: June 23rd, 2003, 11:40 am
Location: USA,Indiana

Postby Jennifer Smith » September 13th, 2006, 4:57 pm

Well, I have a problem with that right off the bat. I believe in agreeing with ALL or at least all the NEW TESTAMENT portions of scripture.. so I am splitting off and forming the Spotless Bride Church, (not to be confused with the wrinkled spotted God's Bride Church.)
..I press on to take hold of that
for which Christ took hold of me.
-Phil 3:12

User avatar
Pastor Bill
---=== J2 ===---
Posts: 5168
Joined: February 3rd, 2003, 10:04 am
Location: USA,Kentucky
Contact:

Postby Pastor Bill » September 14th, 2006, 2:47 am

I get to be Overseer right? Rambo, if not I'll leave and take my whole church (5 members) with me, and we'll be the GFB (God's First Bride, the rest of you are just trying to put God in a double marriage, and you know that ain't right!

User avatar
RamboPreacher
RamboPreacher
Posts: 12355
Joined: July 17th, 2004, 5:41 pm
Location: USA, Texas

Postby RamboPreacher » September 14th, 2006, 7:56 am

Jennifer Smith wrote:Well, I have a problem with that right off the bat. I believe in agreeing with ALL or at least all the NEW TESTAMENT portions of scripture.. so I am splitting off and forming the Spotless Bride Church, (not to be confused with the wrinkled spotted God's Bride Church.)
I am offended that you are referring to us as having wrinkles! Besides, we have more members than you, so there.

Pastor Bill wrote:I get to be Overseer right? Rambo, if not I'll leave and take my whole church (5 members) with me, and we'll be the GFB (God's First Bride, the rest of you are just trying to put God in a double marriage, and you know that ain't right!
no way could you be overseer, I have too much power, uhmmm, I mean anointing! and besides, GB will always be first, you are welcome to be a guest though.
Thanks, Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling

User avatar
TW
Established Member
Posts: 8866
Joined: November 4th, 2004, 3:38 pm
Location: USA,Georgia
Contact:

Postby TW » September 14th, 2006, 12:42 pm

Rambo, Jennifer, and PB, you can squabble about who is the first bride all you want. When your members (25 0f them) tire of the false claims they are welcome to come join us at my church, The First Love.


TW
Anglo-Saxon Proto-English Manuscripts (995 AD): “God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

My blog - http://theoldman.wordpress.com/

User avatar
Susie Hamilton
Established Member
Posts: 7587
Joined: May 7th, 2003, 9:14 am
Location: USA,Virginia
Contact:

Postby Susie Hamilton » September 14th, 2006, 1:42 pm

I have the true Bride and will take all of your members that want to leave because we are The True Runaway Bride.....

User avatar
RamboPreacher
RamboPreacher
Posts: 12355
Joined: July 17th, 2004, 5:41 pm
Location: USA, Texas

Postby RamboPreacher » September 14th, 2006, 3:59 pm

I have decided to leave GB, as I have studied and found out that the Bible is mostly true and that many of my followers will pay me their tithe if I start my own church that teaches that if they lay their hands on a Cadillac, and pray hard enough they will get it. We are God's Men church.
Thanks, Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling

User avatar
Jennifer Smith
Moderator
Posts: 3745
Joined: June 23rd, 2003, 11:40 am
Location: USA,Indiana

Postby Jennifer Smith » September 14th, 2006, 4:05 pm

Well, I have a real problem with that because you used the word, "MEN" and didn't say anything about "WOMEN"! So I'm not only not attending, I won't come to your Prosperity Conference even though Creflo Dollar is going to be there! So There!

:D
..I press on to take hold of that

for which Christ took hold of me.

-Phil 3:12

User avatar
RamboPreacher
RamboPreacher
Posts: 12355
Joined: July 17th, 2004, 5:41 pm
Location: USA, Texas

Postby RamboPreacher » September 14th, 2006, 4:29 pm

Jennifer Smith wrote:Well, I have a real problem with that because you used the word, "MEN" and didn't say anything about "WOMEN"! So I'm not only not attending, I won't come to your Prosperity Conference even though Creflo Dollar is going to be there! So There!

:D
I guess that means that the spotless bride won't be merging with Gods Men anytime soon, then. :)
Thanks, Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling

User avatar
KiMmY
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...
Posts: 435
Joined: March 23rd, 2004, 9:42 am
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby KiMmY » September 14th, 2006, 6:47 pm

Well I'm the FFFG. First Flower Girls For God (since we're referencing brides and all brides need a flower girl) because kids are cute and Jesus said the little children will inherit the kingdom of heaven. So all you brides can fight amongst yourself but the kingdom is mine baby and I'm not sharing my toys. :)
"GREAT GRANDMOTHER'S SPATULA!!!"

User avatar
curiouspk
Whoa!!
Whoa!!
Posts: 492
Joined: April 17th, 2004, 7:20 am
Location: USA,Alabama
Contact:

Postby curiouspk » September 14th, 2006, 7:03 pm

Well if your won't share toys then I'm gonna spilt. We are the Holy ring bearers. So Na :evil:
God Bless
May the fire that is in me, be within you also!!
www.myspace.com/brandonheacox

User avatar
Pastor Bill
---=== J2 ===---
Posts: 5168
Joined: February 3rd, 2003, 10:04 am
Location: USA,Kentucky
Contact:

Postby Pastor Bill » September 15th, 2006, 2:40 am

curiouspk wrote:Well if your won't share toys then I'm gonna spilt. We are the Holy ring bearers. So Na :evil:


OK, as long as we allow ring bearesses in the church, bear other holy objects like necklaces and bracelets too. otherwise I'll have to split and form the Holy object persons in proper order organization (HOPinPOO)

User avatar
Paully_44
Established Member
Posts: 7480
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 4:20 am
Location: USA,Washington

Postby Paully_44 » September 15th, 2006, 4:58 am

Pastor Bill wrote:OK, as long as we allow ring bearesses in the church, bear other holy objects like necklaces and bracelets too. otherwise I'll have to split and form the Holy object persons in proper order organization (HOPinPOO)



Well, that stinks!

I am going to split for no other reason that "Split Happens"

I think I'll call mychurch, The ROME
Righteous Ones Most Exclusive
Let the wild rumpus start!

User avatar
Daniel
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...
Posts: 389
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 8:04 am
Location: USA,NewMexico
Contact:

Postby Daniel » September 15th, 2006, 5:10 am

Paully_44 wrote:Well, that stinks!

I am going to split for no other reason that "Split Happens"

I think I'll call mychurch, The ROME
Righteous Ones Most Exclusive


Who needs you all?! :!: I've decided to form my school of TUNA: The Unified Nazarites Assembly. Even Dolfan could be safe here! :P
Blessings,
Daniel <><
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me (Galatians 2:20).

It doesn't matter what they do, what they think, what they say
At the end of the day, I'm okay, anyway!

My Blog: gopher://localhost/0/ | Don't follow this. | 2 Cor. 11:1
Image

User avatar
dolfan
Established Member
Posts: 8016
Joined: March 17th, 2004, 1:25 pm
Location: USA,Alabama
Contact:

Postby dolfan » September 15th, 2006, 2:42 pm

Daniel wrote:
Paully_44 wrote:Well, that stinks!

I am going to split for no other reason that "Split Happens"

I think I'll call mychurch, The ROME
Righteous Ones Most Exclusive


Who needs you all?! :!: I've decided to form my school of TUNA: The Unified Nazarites Assembly. Even Dolfan could be safe here! :P


Well, you can't call it TUNA, because that's the acronym for my alma mater, The University of North Alabama (because it is the only University of North Alabama, we alums like to refer to it with the royal "The"; we learned that from Ohio State :wink: ). So, I'm leaving your TUNA and forming Chicken of the Sea, a cutting edge church that likes to mix its metaphors for the sake of sounding trendy, and to present a non-threatening environment for landlubbers and seafarers to investigate segmented faith at its very best.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).


Return to “Entertainment”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

Login  •  Register