making fun of church splits...

A forum for the discussion of TV, movies, music and pop-culture influences from a Christian perspective. A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

User avatar
Jennifer Smith
Moderator
Posts: 3745
Joined: June 23rd, 2003, 11:40 am
Location: USA,Indiana

Postby Jennifer Smith » September 18th, 2006, 5:41 pm

Hm, sounds fishy.

Nazarites can't cut their hair or drink grape juice. I really like grape juice, so I'm going to form: The Reformed Nazarites Freedom Assembly! I guess we'll keep our hair long, unless it becomes too cumbersome! :D
..I press on to take hold of that
for which Christ took hold of me.
-Phil 3:12

User avatar
dolfan
Established Member
Posts: 8016
Joined: March 17th, 2004, 1:25 pm
Location: USA,Alabama
Contact:

Postby dolfan » September 19th, 2006, 11:01 am

Well, I'm merging with the Brotherhood of Men Who Hum Between Words. (You'll have to be older than 35 AND know the connection between Bill Maher and Michael "Kramer" Richards to get that one.)
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

User avatar
RamboPreacher
RamboPreacher
Posts: 12355
Joined: July 17th, 2004, 5:41 pm
Location: USA, Texas

Postby RamboPreacher » September 19th, 2006, 11:34 am

dolfan wrote:Well, I'm merging with the Brotherhood of Men Who Hum Between Words. (You'll have to be older than 35 AND know the connection between Bill Maher and Michael "Kramer" Richards to get that one.)
can I join, if when I speak it is just a vowl-movement?
Thanks, Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling

User avatar
dolfan
Established Member
Posts: 8016
Joined: March 17th, 2004, 1:25 pm
Location: USA,Alabama
Contact:

Postby dolfan » September 20th, 2006, 8:12 am

That's bad, so very bad. I loved it! :lol:
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

User avatar
soulsearcher
What's next?
Posts: 3375
Joined: August 29th, 2006, 5:35 am
Location: USA,Florida

Postby soulsearcher » October 11th, 2006, 5:12 am

I don't like the mundaneness of the "mmmmmmmm" of your hummmmmmmms so I'm spliting and going retro with my COTBSWECOTPNTTFSS (Church Of The Blue-Back Songbooks Where Everybody Calls Out The Page Numbers To Their Favorite Songs Simultaneously).


Return to “Entertainment”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Login  •  Register