The Big Guns . .

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Your vote?

Poll ended at March 13th, 2007, 8:40 am

Hillary Clinton (D - N.Y.)
2
5%
John McCain (R - Az.)
16
41%
Barack Obama (D - Ill)
3
8%
Sam Brownback (R - Kan.)
6
15%
Bill Richardson (D - N.M.)
1
3%
Mitt Romney (R - Mass.)
5
13%
John Edwards (D - N.C.)
5
13%
Joseph Biden (D - Del.)
0
No votes
Christopher Dodd (D - Conn.)
0
No votes
Tommy Thompson (R - Wis.)
1
3%
 
Total votes: 39

User avatar
TW
Established Member
Posts: 8866
Joined: November 4th, 2004, 3:38 pm
Location: USA,Georgia
Contact:

The Big Guns . .

Postby TW » February 11th, 2007, 8:40 am

The major political parties are dragging out their big guns in the battle for the White House. Of the announced candidates, who would you vote for?
Anglo-Saxon Proto-English Manuscripts (995 AD): “God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

My blog - http://theoldman.wordpress.com/

pastorjason
Needs Decaf
Posts: 167
Joined: September 18th, 2006, 9:47 am
Location: USA,Alabama

Postby pastorjason » February 11th, 2007, 8:45 am

none of the above choices I would have to write in a candidate
pastorjason

Blessed and highly favored regardless what it looks like

User avatar
ImaPK
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4300
Joined: March 14th, 2004, 10:42 am
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby ImaPK » February 11th, 2007, 10:49 am

Rumor has it that Gore is gonna announce on the "red carpet" the night of the Oscars :shock: :roll:
People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. Author Unknown.

User avatar
paul
I can see clearly now!
Posts: 2749
Joined: May 17th, 2006, 7:10 pm
Location: USA,California
Contact:

Postby paul » February 11th, 2007, 12:18 pm

I think over the next several months Obama will be pushed up to the front. He is young, fresh and although I could never personally support him as a candidate, I do think he will draw a good number of votes. Hillery Clinton I think has to much baggage coming into the election. The Republican if not careful will focus all attention on Hillery and Obama will slip into the White House. IMHO
You cannot effectively love and minister to others when you are obsessed with protecting
and preserving yourself.

User avatar
Paully_44
Established Member
Posts: 7480
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 4:20 am
Location: USA,Washington

Postby Paully_44 » February 11th, 2007, 12:24 pm

Not sure yet.
Let the wild rumpus start!

User avatar
TW
Established Member
Posts: 8866
Joined: November 4th, 2004, 3:38 pm
Location: USA,Georgia
Contact:

Postby TW » February 11th, 2007, 12:24 pm

No "write ins" please. The question clearly states "of the announced candidates." I know that we could find objections to all of them, but this is a poll to determine the least objectionable of those that have "announced."


TW
Anglo-Saxon Proto-English Manuscripts (995 AD): “God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."



My blog - http://theoldman.wordpress.com/

pastorjason
Needs Decaf
Posts: 167
Joined: September 18th, 2006, 9:47 am
Location: USA,Alabama

Postby pastorjason » February 11th, 2007, 3:27 pm

Huckabee of Arkansas has set up a committee does that count? or are the above the only choices?
pastorjason



Blessed and highly favored regardless what it looks like

User avatar
Susie Hamilton
Established Member
Posts: 7587
Joined: May 7th, 2003, 9:14 am
Location: USA,Virginia
Contact:

Postby Susie Hamilton » February 11th, 2007, 3:28 pm

I am surprised that Rudy Guliani(?) has not announced yet. He would get a big swing vote.
To God be the Glory.

User avatar
Mole_J
I can see clearly now!
Posts: 2434
Joined: August 22nd, 2003, 9:56 am
Location: USA,Virginia
Contact:

Postby Mole_J » February 11th, 2007, 3:34 pm

Rahab wrote:I am surprised that Rudy Guliani(?) has not announced yet. He would get a big swing vote.


I have not been following politics lately, just reading the headlines on Drudge Report. I thought he had already announced. :?

User avatar
RamboPreacher
RamboPreacher
Posts: 12355
Joined: July 17th, 2004, 5:41 pm
Location: USA, Texas

Postby RamboPreacher » February 11th, 2007, 3:41 pm

TW wrote:No "write ins" please. The question clearly states "of the announced candidates." I know that we could find objections to all of them, but this is a poll to determine the least objectionable of those that have "announced."


TW
I would currently refrain from voting.
Thanks, Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling

User avatar
TW
Established Member
Posts: 8866
Joined: November 4th, 2004, 3:38 pm
Location: USA,Georgia
Contact:

Postby TW » February 11th, 2007, 3:42 pm

pastorjason wrote:Huckabee of Arkansas has set up a committee does that count? or are the above the only choices?


I was not aware that he had announced. However after some checking I find that he did announce on Jan.31. I am unable to modify the poll at this time, it is now in the gentle hands of the powers that be.


TW
Anglo-Saxon Proto-English Manuscripts (995 AD): “God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."



My blog - http://theoldman.wordpress.com/

User avatar
turbotim
I can see clearly now!
Posts: 2156
Joined: March 2nd, 2003, 5:11 pm
Location: USA,Mississippi

Postby turbotim » February 11th, 2007, 3:46 pm

Mole_J wrote:
Rahab wrote:I am surprised that Rudy Guliani(?) has not announced yet. He would get a big swing vote.


I have not been following politics lately, just reading the headlines on Drudge Report. I thought he had already announced. :?


I do remember reading where he set up an exploratory committee. I haven't heard where he officially announced candidacy.
Tim Cook------> Proud Daddy and Husband

Jesus is my ROCK!!

ImageImage

my space

User avatar
Paully_44
Established Member
Posts: 7480
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 4:20 am
Location: USA,Washington

Postby Paully_44 » February 11th, 2007, 3:56 pm

Rahab wrote:I am surprised that Rudy Guliani(?) has not announced yet. He would get a big swing vote.


Other than being mayor of NY, what other policitcal office would make him qualified for president?
Let the wild rumpus start!

User avatar
Susie Hamilton
Established Member
Posts: 7587
Joined: May 7th, 2003, 9:14 am
Location: USA,Virginia
Contact:

Postby Susie Hamilton » February 11th, 2007, 4:10 pm

He was Mayor of NY during 9_11. A lot of people see how he handled that National tragedy, He is middle of the road and could get lots of votes from both sides.
To God be the Glory.

User avatar
TW
Established Member
Posts: 8866
Joined: November 4th, 2004, 3:38 pm
Location: USA,Georgia
Contact:

Postby TW » February 11th, 2007, 4:16 pm

On February 5, 2007 Rudy Giuliani filed an official statement of candidacy for President of the United States of America.

Another that I was unaware of their official status. The list that I posted was off of the ABC online site. There are probably more that I'm unaware of, but most will drop by the wayside as the campaign rolls on.


TW
Anglo-Saxon Proto-English Manuscripts (995 AD): “God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."



My blog - http://theoldman.wordpress.com/


Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

cron

Login  •  Register