The Big Guns . .

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Your vote?

Poll ended at March 13th, 2007, 8:40 am

Hillary Clinton (D - N.Y.)
2
5%
John McCain (R - Az.)
16
41%
Barack Obama (D - Ill)
3
8%
Sam Brownback (R - Kan.)
6
15%
Bill Richardson (D - N.M.)
1
3%
Mitt Romney (R - Mass.)
5
13%
John Edwards (D - N.C.)
5
13%
Joseph Biden (D - Del.)
0
No votes
Christopher Dodd (D - Conn.)
0
No votes
Tommy Thompson (R - Wis.)
1
3%
 
Total votes: 39

User avatar
turbotim
I can see clearly now!
Posts: 2156
Joined: March 2nd, 2003, 5:11 pm
Location: USA,Mississippi

Postby turbotim » February 11th, 2007, 5:07 pm

TW wrote:On February 5, 2007 Rudy Giuliani filed an official statement of candidacy for President of the United States of America.


I just saw it on the news that he was a candidate.
Tim Cook------> Proud Daddy and Husband

Jesus is my ROCK!!

ImageImage

my space

valley
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...
Posts: 291
Joined: January 28th, 2007, 8:48 am
Location: USA,Georgia

Postby valley » February 12th, 2007, 5:54 am

Right now I like Rudy Giuliani, but his name is not listed so I could not vote. I wish Condi Rice would run.

User avatar
scooter
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4976
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 3:58 pm
Location: USA,Florida

i LIKE

Postby scooter » February 12th, 2007, 5:59 am

I like Fred Thompson.
What we need here is a good revival! lol

User avatar
DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4477
Joined: March 15th, 2004, 7:09 am
Location: USA,Florida
Contact:

Postby DeWayneTN » February 12th, 2007, 6:18 am

I like Guiliani in that he is a fighter and did a great turnaround on NYC. I don't particularly care for his more liberal views on social issues but when I heard him on Hannity recently, he impressed me.
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)
Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

User avatar
dalebert
Woohoo!
Posts: 1324
Joined: April 5th, 2004, 6:34 am
Location: USA,Ohio
Contact:

Postby dalebert » February 12th, 2007, 6:33 am

there is not much for me to like.....

Dr. Ron
I like flapjacks.
Posts: 3688
Joined: December 14th, 2004, 10:53 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

The big guns

Postby Dr. Ron » February 12th, 2007, 7:13 am

I hope to God this is not all we have to look forward to in 08. This is the most ludicrous bunch of loosers I have ever seen. Is there no one who is sane? I pray that Condi gets in to shut the mouth of the witch and the muslim. The Muslim community has already donated HUGE money for Obama. They are going to keep the pressure on until he or the witch get elected. God Help Us !!!!!!!

Juliani wrote a very powerful book on leadership! I would consider a vote for him based on his experience with NYC. What has Obama ever done? Nothing but grin! His speech was sooooooooo "I am the new savior of the world". I am going to do this ! PUKE!

And Hilary..........don't get me started......she would not even meet with the "Gold Star Mothers". She wouldn't give them an audience.
Dr. Ron

User avatar
KBevangelist
Hey, hey, hey
Posts: 1998
Joined: August 21st, 2006, 12:00 pm
Location: USA,NorthCarolina
Contact:

I am with you on that Valley

Postby KBevangelist » February 12th, 2007, 7:17 am

I am with you on that Valley. Would love to see Condi Rice run, but she has stated often that she will not run.

Rudy could be an option or McCain but not sure if I like either

KB

User avatar
Jennifer Smith
Moderator
Posts: 3745
Joined: June 23rd, 2003, 11:40 am
Location: USA,Indiana

Postby Jennifer Smith » February 12th, 2007, 7:19 am

LOL, I voted for Hillary just to fake everybody out! But apparently, she has at least one fan around here. :) She is scary! I felt that way the very first time I saw her, when she was talking about "stand by your man" before Clinton became president.

Juiliani is a very congenial and interesting person, I don't know much about his views yet though. I'm praying for a Christian president, someone who prays and seeks God.
..I press on to take hold of that
for which Christ took hold of me.
-Phil 3:12

valley
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...
Posts: 291
Joined: January 28th, 2007, 8:48 am
Location: USA,Georgia

Postby valley » February 13th, 2007, 5:34 am

Rudy is our "superstar" at this moment. So long as you are not demanding a philosophical purist, then he is the best choice thus far. Pretty much, if you could vote for W, you should not have an issue voting for Rudy.

User avatar
rjjunior
700+ Posts
Posts: 739
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 8:16 am
Location: USA,Washington
Contact:

Postby rjjunior » February 13th, 2007, 11:13 am

Condi and Gulianni are pretty much the same candidate, setting aside gender and race, IMO. I probably wouldn't end up voting for either, given their lack of social conservatism.

Please get in the game, Newt!

User avatar
jason
Needs a LIFE
Posts: 121
Joined: May 25th, 2003, 6:36 pm
Location: USA,Alabama

Postby jason » February 19th, 2007, 5:53 am

I hope to God this is not all we have to look forward to in 08. This is the most ludicrous bunch of loosers I have ever seen. Is there no one who is sane? I pray that Condi gets in to shut the mouth of the witch and the muslim. The Muslim community has already donated HUGE money for Obama. They are going to keep the pressure on until he or the witch get elected. God Help Us !!!!!!!


While I agree that Obama may not have the experience to lead the country and his politics may be somewhat liberal, you allude to him being a Muslim and, therefore, unfit to lead (taking note of the tone of your post.) What evidence do you have for Obama being a Muslim, radical or not? And, does being something other than Christian disqualify a person from being president?

Also, Hillary may be something that rhymes with "witch" but does she have any connection to Wicca or any other neo-pagan earth religion?


NB: http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

User avatar
ImaPK
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4300
Joined: March 14th, 2004, 10:42 am
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby ImaPK » February 19th, 2007, 2:47 pm

jason wrote:
I hope to God this is not all we have to look forward to in 08. This is the most ludicrous bunch of loosers I have ever seen. Is there no one who is sane? I pray that Condi gets in to shut the mouth of the witch and the muslim. The Muslim community has already donated HUGE money for Obama. They are going to keep the pressure on until he or the witch get elected. God Help Us !!!!!!!


While I agree that Obama may not have the experience to lead the country and his politics may be somewhat liberal, you allude to him being a Muslim and, therefore, unfit to lead (taking note of the tone of your post.) What evidence do you have for Obama being a Muslim, radical or not? And, does being something other than Christian disqualify a person from being president?

Also, Hillary may be something that rhymes with "witch" but does she have any connection to Wicca or any other neo-pagan earth religion?


NB: http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp


Personally I could care less what religion Obama is...he's like Ford was here in Tennessee, inexperienced and willing to play the "race card"(and before anyone "jumps me" about "bigot", I'd vote for Powell in a heartbeat)...and as for Billary, she's already served her two terms in office :wink: :lol: (and yes, I think she's a female dog :P )
People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. Author Unknown.

Dr. Ron
I like flapjacks.
Posts: 3688
Joined: December 14th, 2004, 10:53 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

The big guns

Postby Dr. Ron » February 19th, 2007, 5:00 pm

Obama is certainly not qualified to lead a country. He was only elected two years ago and is already leaving his work to go out and look for a new job. This is a practice I believe should be done away with. When one announces his/her candidacy , they should be required to resign their position and not take tax payers money to campaign.

As for Obama being a Muslim, he was raised by Muslim parents and attended Muslim schools for most of his life. Check out what he calls his Christian affiliation and see what the requirments are.

I am out of time and I will return to this tomorrow.

Btw, Hillary may not be an avowed witch but I was trying to be nice and not use the other term.
Dr. Ron

User avatar
jason
Needs a LIFE
Posts: 121
Joined: May 25th, 2003, 6:36 pm
Location: USA,Alabama

Postby jason » February 19th, 2007, 8:10 pm

Obama is certainly not qualified to lead a country.


Obama probably isn't qualified to lead this country, but there are a few dirt poor, third world backwaters that would be tickled pink to have him. Hmm, that's an intersting idea: We could use "emerging" nations like farm teams for our national leaders. Before moving up to the big leagues in Washington a politician must first spend time settling trade disputes, fighting viral plagues, and orchestrating cease fires in Haiti, Tajikistan, or Sierra Leone. That way we get leaders qualified in something other than personal grooming and dog wagging and our benevolent influence is spread around the world without the bitter aftertaste of insurgency.

he was raised by Muslim parents and attended Muslim schools for most of his life.


I'm sorry. I should have posted the link to the snopes article more prominently. Here it is again: http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp It's kinda wordy but once you get past the whole reading thing it gets pretty interesting.


Check out what he calls his Christian affiliation and see what the requirments are.


Forgive my extrapolation, but are you saying that being a Muslim or the wrong kind of Christian does or should prevent someone from being president? What about Jews, Hindus, or Mexicans? Is there a list of acceptable socio-religious groups from which we are to choose? If we choose a president from one of those groups are we sure that he/she will inherently be a better leader than one of the "others?"

Sorry for all the questions. Blame Socrates.

ps- I'm aware of the non sequitur, but wanted to work in Mexicans in somewhere... just for fun.

User avatar
Mike Vande
I like flapjacks.
Posts: 3859
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 6:22 pm
Location: USA,Kansas

Postby Mike Vande » February 20th, 2007, 3:16 am

I'd definitely vote for Brownback, maybe Romney, but McCain is gonna get the nomination. He was a good little party soldier, giving up he nomination in 2000, and the party owes him. He's making enough front page headlines and getting on enough talk shows to put him out for the public to see. He's gonna be the guy in 2008. I don't know how he'd stack up against most of the democrat field, but I think anyone but an NRA member with a pro-life sticker on his forehead, a bible under one arm, and a nuke under the other would beat Hillary in that election. NOBODY but the ultra left really liked her, and now in trying to look centrist, she's alienated them and the real center doesn't trust her. So, if McCain runs against her, he's a shoo-in unless he completely drops the ball or has a gay-prostitution-gambing-blackmail-murder in his closet.
Why is it that bad decisions seem to make to most interesting testimonies?


Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests

Login  •  Register