Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad
jnsbray wrote:I am distraught that the church (CoGoP) has come to this topic.
jnsbray wrote:I was raised in CoGoP my entire childhood, in which I was also disfellowshipped because of D/R.
jnsbray wrote:It makes me sick to my stomach that such liberal acts are taking control of Christianity.
jnsbray wrote:Yes I was a member once, I was also a Sunday School Teacher, I was BTI leader in which that was dissolved. I was CPMA leader which was dissolved also. I was even assistant VLB director "DISSOLVED" as well'. I think that is when I actually gave up was when the church just quit everything.
jnsbray wrote:Now as I sit here and read this Divorce and Remarriage topic, and that it is okay for my lifestyle to be a part of CoGoP once again, I am sorry if I offend anyone (Actually I am far from SORRY) but the one thing I am NOT is a HYPERCRIT... I know that in my heart that double marriage is wrong, and that CoGoP is trying to hard to tread in someplace that they need not go...
jnsbray wrote:I am not sorry for my lifestyle, and I married a good man of the Baptist faith.
jnsbray wrote:Yet the shame of where CoGoP has gone saddens me and weighs heavy on my heart... I pray for you ALL!!!
I do believe in God but I don't have a personal relationship with him(my choice)...
ImaPK wrote:Where to begin...I believe that God was the creator of all things...I believe that Jesus is the Son of God....I believe that the Holy Ghost was sent as a comforter until the Rapture takes place...I believe that the Bible is a history of the early Jews,the life of Jesus,some great poetry,some life lessons and should be used as a guide for our own life and relationship with God and Jesus...at the current point in my life I have chosen not to follow the personal relationship with God aspect however I do follow several of the "guide for my life" parts i.e. the Ten Commandments,love one another as you would yourself,render unto Caesar what is Caesar's(I obey the laws of the land and pay taxes)and I have turned the other cheek more times then I can count(doesn't mean I won't fight,I will,but sometimes it's not worth it to hurt someone either physically or verbally)...I follow the guidelines taught to me by my fine Christian parents who use to say to me "Raise up a child in the way that they shall go and they will not turn away from it."...in other words I know what's right and how to live it I just choose not to...hope that answers your question
jnsbray wrote:Marriage is a sacred thing to me. Love between a man and a woman is a gift from God.
The CoGoP turned it's back on me when me and my son needed the support of friends and fellowship. God didn't turn his back on me, the church did...
Being married in the church, my marriage became almost fatal for me and my baby. My husband was incarcerated, yet I left the state and started over. A CoGoP minister helped my (Ex-husband) to get out of his sentencing. The church stood by him after threatening my son's and my life.
Now I am told everything is fine??? I question the double standards of the church. I know how I was raised, and then things just change and now my (2nd) husband and I along with my children are welcomed back in.
I don't think so.
I understanding is not there, and with the changes that is going on, I would be afraid that the CoGoP church roof would fall in on me.
Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests