Ark Almighty ??

A forum for the discussion of TV, movies, music and pop-culture influences from a Christian perspective. A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

User avatar
Jennifer Smith
Moderator
Posts: 3745
Joined: June 23rd, 2003, 11:40 am
Location: USA,Indiana

Postby Jennifer Smith » June 13th, 2007, 12:09 pm

I don't think I'm going to see it. I'll reserve judgment until I know more, but I don't want to end up walking out of it after I paid for it and can't see Jesus going to see it! :)Of course, Jesus already knows exactly what happened. :lol:
..I press on to take hold of that
for which Christ took hold of me.
-Phil 3:12

User avatar
Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 10475
Joined: January 28th, 2003, 9:03 pm
Location: USA,Hawaii
Contact:

Logic?

Postby Pastor Gary » June 13th, 2007, 2:00 pm

Jennifer Smith wrote:I don't think I'm going to see it. I'll reserve judgment until I know more, but I don't want to end up walking out of it after I paid for it and can't see Jesus going to see it! :)Of course, Jesus already knows exactly what happened. :lol:


Odd logic, to me. :?: :?: :?:

You've made up your mind before you have the facts?
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

User avatar
Jennifer Smith
Moderator
Posts: 3745
Joined: June 23rd, 2003, 11:40 am
Location: USA,Indiana

Re: Logic?

Postby Jennifer Smith » June 14th, 2007, 4:21 am

Pastor Gary wrote:
Jennifer Smith wrote:I don't think I'm going to see it. I'll reserve judgment until I know more, but I don't want to end up walking out of it after I paid for it and can't see Jesus going to see it! :)Of course, Jesus already knows exactly what happened. :lol:


Odd logic, to me. :?: :?: :?:

You've made up your mind before you have the facts?


See emboldened text. :)
Based just on the previews, right now I don't want to see it. I'm sure I have been proven wrong before and that's okay! :)

I'm hearing different takes on it from different sources. If a film is going to take on God and a Bible story it needs to be reverent and make a good representation of Him, IMHO. Especially if they want churches to market it!

Here's one review that made some good points: http://reformationunderground.blogspot.com/2007/06/evan-almighty-review.html I also really like Christiananswers.net - they have info about the Ark, and Creation
science, and also have a huge entertainment review and movie guide section, so I'm sure they will give a review once the movie comes out! :)
..I press on to take hold of that

for which Christ took hold of me.

-Phil 3:12


Return to “Entertainment”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Login  •  Register