A time to gather Stones together has come (Ya think?)

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Should Jeremy Holt (N2art2) be banned From Jude 2??

YES!! As quick as possible!!!!
8
25%
No, let him stay. The Big Dogs will neuter him
24
75%
 
Total votes: 32

User avatar
Kenya
Moderator
Posts: 2946
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 4:19 pm
Location: USA,Kentucky
Contact:

Postby Kenya » April 24th, 2004, 4:02 am

NO, Imapk. It's not the same. Some people call my dad "John" and it is not out of disrespect. It is because they are friends. Friends do not hold things against each other and try to blackmail them. If n2r2d2 is Pastor Gary's friend, he doesn't need ememies.
Kenya

I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing! Galatians 2:21


http://www.somersetcommunitymission.com

4JC
Needs a hobby
Posts: 94
Joined: April 17th, 2004, 6:23 am
Location: Southern Virginia

Postby 4JC » April 24th, 2004, 4:05 am

Mat 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.


Jam 2:13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.


Jam 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

User avatar
ImaPK
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4300
Joined: March 14th, 2004, 10:42 am
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby ImaPK » April 24th, 2004, 4:12 am

I agree Kenya...I've only been coming on here a short time now and I do know some on here personally and those I don't for the most part have earned my respect, whether I agree with them or not, for standing for their beliefs...N2, to me, would have to go a LOOOONG way to change my opinion of him and earn my respect(come on N2 now tell me you don't care)...my dad always told me that the only thing a minister has that he can truly call his own is his reputation and I am a firm believer(from what I've seen and read)that Pastor Gary has a reputation above reproach...my opinion, but then I'm entitled to it
People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. Author Unknown.

Gerald Creasy

Postby Gerald Creasy » April 24th, 2004, 4:51 am

Mike Vande,

This poll was my idea.

The Administrator has promised the guy that he would be allowed on here (or that he himself would not ban him) but I have made no such promise.

If he continues to behave in the manner he has in the short time he has been here I'll chuck the poll and ban him myself.

I've been in quite a few scuffles on the COGOP-EA, the independant EA, the CT dominated EA, and Jude 2 (Some even with you), but I can say I have never seen someone who conducts themselves in such a total abandon to mindlessness (and then claim superiority at the same time! :shock: )

Rest assured Mike, if he does not straighten up he will be taken care of.

User avatar
Pastor Chip
700+ Posts
Posts: 716
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 7:13 pm
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby Pastor Chip » April 24th, 2004, 4:58 am

Although I am not a major poster on J2, I tend to agree with Kenya on this one.

1) He is drawing us away from the issues - and some of our more intellegent posters are not posting. I really would rather learn something than read the garbage he has been writing anyway

2) He has shown a tremendous amount of disrespect for Pastor Gary - from refering to him as "Gary" to attempting to blackmail him.

3) I just don't have the energy for him right now. He isn't worth it. I have much more important matters to deal with than the likes of him.


While I'm sure he must have some good qualitites, they are overshadowed by his indignant attitude and juvenile conduct. He refuses to accept instruction, and continues to spew out his venom while accusing others of a lack of mercy, peace, and love. (Same conduct I saw on the CGP forums). He continues to stalk and badger a man I have come to love and respect, while saying he really respects him.

It's time to end it, in my humble opinion! Moreover, I agree with Vande, that this forum is not a democracy...it started as a benevolent dictatorship! Therefore, I think the moderators should make a decision and that should be it! Your benevolence is visible to all who care to see the truth, PG. If you feel you should not make the call, there are two other moderators listed. :)
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer Psalm 19:14

User avatar
Joey
Da Bomb!
Posts: 910
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 4:16 pm
Location: USA,Kentucky

Postby Joey » April 24th, 2004, 5:00 am

Looking at the evidence;
On Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:21 pm, N2 said,
Ask Gary how long he thinks I can last when things go round and round? (note to Gary: you invited me, I'll try and play nice. )

I do not understand why he came to go "round and round" as if to start something, but this ain't the WWF and he said he'd try to play nice. I don't see much "nice"ness. He's careful with his words, but the hint of something less than love is always behind his posts. You never know when he is going to be civil or a twisted evil. That same morning, he had already said
... let him pay for it. ...( that's for you Gary, love ya bro.)

Why would he say something to counter our efforts to help Pastor Gary get to the GA, then say "Love ya Bro" as if to pretend he meant no harm? It seems he doesn't care about anyone but himself, let alone Pastor Gary who he claims to "love." So, any proof to ban him from the board?
Maybe, because on the next day, Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:19 pm N2 posted
(btw Gary: I still have our IM session saved. Maybe I'll post snips from it from time to time. What do you think?)
Get your gang together, Gary, you'll need them. Of course you will only show your lack of love to a deeper degree.

THAT was when he went too far. He said he was going to "try" to play nice, and now he threatens the board's director. He also went against who he claims to be - a Christian and a youth pastor. Christians don't need to lie, spread gossip, or keep records in hopes to hurt another. I don't care if he thought it was a joke or not, he was out of line.
His crooked fingers, pointing at someone else as if Pastor Gary did what he claimed ... having a "Lack of love to a deeper degree" - N2 doesn't know Pastor Gary AT ALL! He pretends to be big buddies, but in reality, he's just marking himself out of this brotherhood. Just because he's had his name on the memberlist for a year doesn't mean he knows him.
But as for my vote? I don't want to ban him because I think like Mike on this. Total banning does not speak highly of J2's freedom. It might be neccesary to delete some of N2's posts, but "banning" is not the direction I feel we should take at this time.

What should happen? N2 needs to make a formal apology right here for threats made to Pastor Gary and keep his snide future remarks to himself. From this strand, he should know he is on thin ice.
Will he keep his word? Maybe not, but have we given him enough time to prove that?
J2 does not have the reputation of the other forum, nor do we want that, so I think we should give him a little longer to make up his mind as to if he really wants to stay or be banned for life.
If he makes no apology and no effort to correct his spiritual immaturity when posting....then I guess we would have no choice because of the stirring that has happened since he came out to go "round and round."
I have no rock in hand, but there are many in the yard.

Martha
Whoa!!
Whoa!!
Posts: 523
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 5:57 am
Location: USA,Alabama

Postby Martha » April 24th, 2004, 5:06 am

I voted to let him stay. However, I think that everyone should completely ignore any post he makes that is not appropriate. I've learned that if you ignore people like this they will either go away or change. Who knows, maybe he will learn something if he's allowed to hang around the "big dogs."

I wonder if N2's pastor ever reads what he posts. Seems to me he needs someone to give him his "comeupance." (For those of you who are not from the south that means to discipline someone.) My Mom used to tell me when I was doing something stupid "Girl, I'm gonna jerk a knot in your tail." I knew I'd better straighten up immediately! (I never pushed her to that point so I don't know exactly what she meant she would do to me!) So... to N2, I say:

Boy! You better straighten up or someone is going to "jerk a knot in your tail."
:twisted:
To the "big dogs" I say, swat him when he needs it, growl if he doesn't listen, then if he will not behave, go for the throat!

N2, there is a wealth of knowledge you can gain from listening to your elders. You don't have to always agree with them to learn from them. I've lived a great number of years and I've learned I can learn from the janitor as well as the professor. I have also learned that when you want to present your opinion, do it with humbleness. No one, of any age, likes a "know-it-all."

A Granny from the deep south,
Martha Maddox

User avatar
Tim Elston
Woohoo!
Posts: 1300
Joined: August 7th, 2003, 8:45 pm
Location: Juneau Alaska, USA
Contact:

Postby Tim Elston » April 24th, 2004, 5:45 am

ImaPK wrote:Uh oh...I've "sinned" and didn't even realize it :( ...I'm sorry...I've been guilty of addressing Pastor Gary as Gary in the past and meant no disrespect by it(also Pastor Bill and the other pastors on here) :lol: ...but seriously like I said in my first post on this thread I'm torn on what should happen to N2...whatever is decided is fine by me


I never did call your dad Bill--always Brother White--but times have changed, and calling a bishop or pastor by his first name only is not a sin, except perhaps against tradition, other people's consciences, or someone's ego. I doubt that Gary minds much; at least he's never said anything to me about it.

Gerald, I've felt the same way about you sometimes that you feel about N2. I've also felt that way about Vande, although I realize that there are no exact comparisons. (By the way, you, Gerald, have gotten a lot better lately, in my opinion.) I haven't been reading much from the N2 threads, so I have no opinion. I think it is better, though, as a rule of thumb, to leave banning people to Gary's judgment alone. He has proven himself over the years; people like you, me, Vande, and others tend to be too reactive. Just my opinion.

Tim
"And just when you think you've got me figured out, remember, No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it is not the same river and he is not the same man." --Heraclitus

4JC
Needs a hobby
Posts: 94
Joined: April 17th, 2004, 6:23 am
Location: Southern Virginia

Postby 4JC » April 24th, 2004, 6:08 am

Unkind, not nice statements or threads NOT made or started by N2. I am new here and it is possible that I won’t be here much longer. I thought there were Christians here, I wonder. I don’t excuse N2 for their behavior but neither do I excuse anyone else. I will forgive, pray, try to overlook and concentrate on controlling my own behavior because I am only responsible for my own behavior before my Lord. I am, disappointed.



I am sure there are others but I couldn’t stomach anymore of it.

You smell and cause the runs??

Can I throw up now?

I haven't had this much fun since we shucked Diana.

I think I knew I loved Vande when he called her a pitbull with lipstick

Jerk Alert

he could even play "Harper Valley PTA" in the background and say he was socking it to the local church

"go edify yourself".

You make me want to gag.

you have shown yourself to be a complete and utter idiot with no vestige of Christianity, civility or common sense

When's he gonna go start his own thing then rather than poop in our water?

Big mouth....nothing to say

It was patently a corncob in someone's anus.

User avatar
Brenda
I can see clearly now!
Posts: 2196
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 5:56 am
Location: USA,Michigan

Postby Brenda » April 24th, 2004, 6:14 am

Joh 8:7
He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her (or him).


Amen 4JC.. I think a lot of stones need to be dropped.

What happened to exhorting one another? What happened to praying for one another? What happened to the love of God being showed toward one another?


Is God's love picky, in that it chooses whom he will love? Should we be picky in whom we should love?

For the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
Rom.5:5

Is he satisfied with me/us?
B.R.
________________________________________
On the Cross he was crucified, in great sorrow, He died. The giver of life for you and me.

User avatar
doris
1100 Dalmatians
Posts: 1123
Joined: June 30th, 2003, 5:42 pm
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby doris » April 24th, 2004, 6:31 am

I voted to let him stay only because Shellie is out of town, and I want her to have one more go at him. So Gerald, do this again in a few days, so we can really tar and feather him.
doris



I am Blessed & Highly Favored

User avatar
Tim Elston
Woohoo!
Posts: 1300
Joined: August 7th, 2003, 8:45 pm
Location: Juneau Alaska, USA
Contact:

Postby Tim Elston » April 24th, 2004, 6:41 am

4JC wrote:It was patently a corncob in someone's anus.


4JC,

For the third time now, I agree, I shouldn't have said that. You, Gerald, Scooter, and everyone else who read it are right: I shouldn't have said it. I guess that when a person plugs up something with a corncob, it's sure to stick, no matter how many times he tries to pull it out. :lol: Oh well, I've been in worse discomfort.

Anyway, please forgive me for that one. Let it explode as far as the east is from the west. Let that corncob be as white as snow.

By the way, I agree, too, that we are, after all, a bunch of hypocrits. I've always thought that about us humans, no matter who we are.

Tim
"And just when you think you've got me figured out, remember, No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it is not the same river and he is not the same man." --Heraclitus

User avatar
Poimen
What's next?
Posts: 3403
Joined: February 10th, 2003, 1:49 pm
Location: USA, Alabama

Postby Poimen » April 24th, 2004, 7:39 am

I voted let him stay ... but do not ascribe to the neuter adendum.


I think n2 has gone a little far in his comments, however his actions/ online character seem equal to actions of other board members. It may be different actions but IMO they are noe worse that what some others do.
But, that is my opinion.


So I say live and let live, at this time anyhow.



Poimen
Poimen
Bro. Christopher

"I wish a buck was still silver, it was back when the country was strong." -- The Hag

User avatar
Brenda
I can see clearly now!
Posts: 2196
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 5:56 am
Location: USA,Michigan

Postby Brenda » April 24th, 2004, 8:36 am

Tim
By the way, I agree, too, that we are, after all, a bunch of hypocrits.


That says quiet a bit! hummmmmmmmmmmm

Should we say, its time we take inventory of our own selves??
B.R.

________________________________________

On the Cross he was crucified, in great sorrow, He died. The giver of life for you and me.

User avatar
mercy
Needs Decaf
Posts: 227
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 10:41 am
Location: NC

Postby mercy » April 24th, 2004, 8:46 am

Oh course we are all hypocrits in some form or fashion. I think it is just easier for us to fool ourselves into thinking we are not. :twisted:
You may be a little bitty fish going against the flow, but remember even a dead fish goes with the flow---- Missionary from Ukraine


Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login  •  Register