Sad news (must read for Rick and Bubba fans)

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

User avatar
MrDanger
I like flapjacks.
Posts: 3699
Joined: March 2nd, 2004, 6:02 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Sad news (must read for Rick and Bubba fans)

Postby MrDanger » January 20th, 2008, 4:55 am

This was posted on their website this morning:

Bronner Burgess
We ask that you bathe Rick, Sherri, and the entire Burgess family in prayer as they deal with the loss of their youngest son, Bronner Burgess.
We all are grieving together in this terrible loss.

The Burgess's want to give all Honor and Glory to GOD for the many blessings He has given us, especially the life of Bronner Burgess. And while we do not understand, we know who is in charge and His will be done in life and in death.


He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him.
1 Thessalonians 5:10


For those of you that listen to the show, this is their fifth child, I believe he was around two years old, whose nickname was Cornbread on the show.
"Students are encouraged to mingle with the midgets." - Mr. Jones' 1st Block Class

User avatar
pastorables
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4748
Joined: February 9th, 2004, 10:01 am
Location: USA, Alabama
Contact:

Postby pastorables » January 20th, 2008, 8:06 am

This is so sad. Is this the child that made the "truly funny" remarks at church about getting his shorts pulled down and not supposed to talk about it? or another of the children? That was such a funny story.

pa
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."Jim Elliot - Missionary Martyr

Image

n2jesus
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...
Posts: 323
Joined: July 4th, 2004, 3:45 pm
Location: USA,Tennessee

Any parents worst nightmare...

Postby n2jesus » January 20th, 2008, 8:32 am

My heart goes out to this family...I know Wendy (cats) loves this show...

Ilovebigcats
---=== J2 ===---
Posts: 5044
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 6:58 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby Ilovebigcats » January 20th, 2008, 9:24 am

They have a picture up...

http://www.rickandbubba.com/

User avatar
pastorables
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4748
Joined: February 9th, 2004, 10:01 am
Location: USA, Alabama
Contact:

Postby pastorables » January 20th, 2008, 10:07 am

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2008/01/bur ... amily.html

Very tragic accident! The account from the Birmingham News can be found at the above link.

pa
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."Jim Elliot - Missionary Martyr



Image

DaJudge
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4477
Joined: June 10th, 2004, 3:33 am
Location: USA,Georgia

Postby DaJudge » January 20th, 2008, 1:19 pm

Rick and Bubba are both great Christian guys, it's so sad that this happened to one of them.

User avatar
dolfan
Established Member
Posts: 8016
Joined: March 17th, 2004, 1:25 pm
Location: USA,Alabama
Contact:

Postby dolfan » January 20th, 2008, 3:07 pm

I have thought about this all afternoon since I first heard about it. It just grieves me.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

User avatar
MrDanger
I like flapjacks.
Posts: 3699
Joined: March 2nd, 2004, 6:02 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby MrDanger » January 20th, 2008, 3:13 pm

Kimmy and I are in the same boat dolfan. We're not some strange stalkers who think we are actually friends with them, but they have been a part of lives since before we were married.

You hear so many stories of each of their kids. You admire their dedication to their families. And as a father, you just know you would feel as if your world had ended and wonder if life would ever be "normal" again.

The local radio affiliate of Rick and Bubba in Birmingham have announced that Bubba and Speedy will be on the air tomorrow and share their testimonies of God's grace during this time of grief. Keep the whole Rick and Bubba staff in your prayers as they go through this incredibly tough time.
"Students are encouraged to mingle with the midgets." - Mr. Jones' 1st Block Class

Ilovebigcats
---=== J2 ===---
Posts: 5044
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 6:58 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby Ilovebigcats » January 20th, 2008, 4:07 pm

Their boy was my youngest baby's age. I could NOT imagine. Ben is a redheaded wild child... just like I imagine their little red headed Bronner was. I wouldn't trade him for anything though. I couldn't handle loosing a child. So sad.

Just the other day a little boy Ben and Bronner's age was hit by a car. He ran from his grandpa and was killed. There was no fault but there is always blame. It is so horrible. I think we all grieve with them. :cry:

User avatar
dolfan
Established Member
Posts: 8016
Joined: March 17th, 2004, 1:25 pm
Location: USA,Alabama
Contact:

Postby dolfan » January 21st, 2008, 5:53 am

I know nothing except what I know they say about how it happened. I'm in no position to blame any of them; it can happen to any parent. It reminds me to stay vigilant 100% of the time about my little one's safety. I can't even imagine the anguish that both of them must have, and don't know how it could be any less so if it had happened some other way. Most marriages fail within 1 year of a child's death. With what happened here, and when and how, their road ahead is territory I can't imagine since I haven't been in their shoes. I'm praying for them, for sure.



You know, last week, we had babies getting tossed from bridges and overpasses by heartless, evil men. But, these people are distant to us because we don't listen to them everyday. This is making me remember, too, the mother of those children in Mobile, and the parents of the toddler in Hawaii. It is, again, just unspeakably horrible for them all to lose their children even though, in Rick Burgess' situation, it was much different. Only God, and I mean only God, can get a person through that darkness.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

User avatar
MrDanger
I like flapjacks.
Posts: 3699
Joined: March 2nd, 2004, 6:02 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby MrDanger » January 22nd, 2008, 6:03 am

What an incredible two days of shows. I broke down in tears in my classroom listening to the last hour today.

Praise God for the strength that He is showing through Rick, Bubba, Speedy and others involved.
"Students are encouraged to mingle with the midgets." - Mr. Jones' 1st Block Class

User avatar
KiMmY
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...
Posts: 435
Joined: March 23rd, 2004, 9:42 am
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby KiMmY » January 22nd, 2008, 8:17 am

Man...I was crying at my desk as well...hoping no one would walk by and see me. Tears streaming down my face at how beautiful the body of Christ is when she works the way God intended her to and how awesome this family is handling this with God's grace and peace. Fox News interviewed Bubba this morning and Bubba testified of God's grace during this time. (R&B are friends with one of the anchors) There are many many reports of listeners giving their lives back to God and those giving their hearts to God for the first time. Little Bronner has touched so many listener's lives all over the US.
"GREAT GRANDMOTHER'S SPATULA!!!"

User avatar
MrDanger
I like flapjacks.
Posts: 3699
Joined: March 2nd, 2004, 6:02 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby MrDanger » January 23rd, 2008, 5:11 am

Some time today, you need to go to www.rickandbubba.com and hear the sermon Rick preached at Bronner's memorial service. Incredible. It's not up now, but is supposed to be today.
"Students are encouraged to mingle with the midgets." - Mr. Jones' 1st Block Class

User avatar
MrDanger
I like flapjacks.
Posts: 3699
Joined: March 2nd, 2004, 6:02 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby MrDanger » January 23rd, 2008, 7:26 am

The link is up to listen/download the sermon.
"Students are encouraged to mingle with the midgets." - Mr. Jones' 1st Block Class

Ilovebigcats
---=== J2 ===---
Posts: 5044
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 6:58 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby Ilovebigcats » January 23rd, 2008, 7:33 am

I am trying but it keeps taking me to a "timed out" page. :?


Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Login  •  Register