Assembly Wireless Internet

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

jtspy
Regular
Posts: 19
Joined: August 29th, 2004, 10:49 am
Location: georgia

Assembly Wireless Internet

Postby jtspy » July 4th, 2008, 10:29 am

Would anyone happen to know if the Gaylord Center offers wireless internet? Or is there a place close by that does? Some hotels have it.

Jim.

User avatar
Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 10475
Joined: January 28th, 2003, 9:03 pm
Location: USA,Hawaii
Contact:

Ahem

Postby Pastor Gary » July 4th, 2008, 10:42 am

Well --- Technically? I don't think so. Last Assembly, I sniffed out an internal network and managed to pull down an urgent email. Don't report me to the WiFi police. :shock:
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

User avatar
Billy n NC
Moderator
Posts: 2694
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 8:39 am
Location: USA,NorthCarolina
Contact:

Postby Billy n NC » July 4th, 2008, 6:12 pm

When I was there two years ago I could find about 8 or 9 networks floating around. Most was very weak signals strong signals required Passwords etc.

The Exhibit Hall had a connection but they wanted something like 350 PLUS bucks for the week for the password.

Several of the food/bars around also offer it.
Billy Broach
Ebroach Services
http://www.ebroach.net/mediatech/

Bringing Media Technologies to God's Church Familes

Skype Name is ebroachnnc AIM is broachb

User avatar
Mat
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...
Posts: 313
Joined: March 29th, 2005, 10:09 am
Location: USA,SouthCarolina
Contact:

removed

Postby Mat » July 5th, 2008, 5:30 am

removed
Last edited by Mat on August 19th, 2008, 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4632
Joined: June 25th, 2004, 4:34 pm
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby Full Quiver » July 5th, 2008, 6:03 am

The city has talked about building a free WiFi network but it hasn't happened yet to my knowledge. The Renaissance hotel should have WiFi especially in the bridge area. They have an area with food, drinks, TV, sitting, etc and the hotel connects to the convention center and the Sommet. The little coffee shops around probably have WIFI as well.

I know a few places with Comcast connections and I still have that password if it comes down to it. :lol:
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

User avatar
rjjunior
700+ Posts
Posts: 739
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 8:16 am
Location: USA,Washington
Contact:

Postby rjjunior » July 5th, 2008, 9:01 am

http://www.jiwire.com doesn't show very many, but it claims the Renaissance does.

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4632
Joined: June 25th, 2004, 4:34 pm
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby Full Quiver » July 5th, 2008, 11:31 am

I'd be surprised if the Renaissance didn't.
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

User avatar
Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 10475
Joined: January 28th, 2003, 9:03 pm
Location: USA,Hawaii
Contact:

wireless

Postby Pastor Gary » July 5th, 2008, 12:05 pm

Full Quiver wrote:I'd be surprised if the Renaissance didn't.

There's no free wireless in the Renaissance except in the Concierge Lounge on the next to the top floor.

There's some kind of com package for about $12/day for long distance, wired broadband, etc. In room.
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)



"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4632
Joined: June 25th, 2004, 4:34 pm
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby Full Quiver » July 5th, 2008, 1:06 pm

I didn't realize the thread was for free connections only.
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

User avatar
Billy n NC
Moderator
Posts: 2694
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 8:39 am
Location: USA,NorthCarolina
Contact:

Re: wireless

Postby Billy n NC » July 5th, 2008, 4:45 pm

Pastor Gary wrote:
Full Quiver wrote:I'd be surprised if the Renaissance didn't.

There's no free wireless in the Renaissance except in the Concierge Lounge on the next to the top floor.

There's some kind of com package for about $12/day for long distance, wired broadband, etc. In room.


Yes that is what I paid for 3 of days after giving up on finding a freebie.

I thought it was awful. We had stayed at a days inn driving up to nashville and had free internet for a $59 room.
Billy Broach

Ebroach Services

http://www.ebroach.net/mediatech/



Bringing Media Technologies to God's Church Familes



Skype Name is ebroachnnc AIM is broachb

User avatar
Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 10475
Joined: January 28th, 2003, 9:03 pm
Location: USA,Hawaii
Contact:

Huh?

Postby Pastor Gary » July 5th, 2008, 5:16 pm

Full Quiver wrote:I didn't realize the thread was for free connections only.


Huh?
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)



"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4632
Joined: June 25th, 2004, 4:34 pm
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby Full Quiver » July 5th, 2008, 5:23 pm

I thought we were talking about WiFi connections in general and not free WIFI specifically.
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

User avatar
Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 10475
Joined: January 28th, 2003, 9:03 pm
Location: USA,Hawaii
Contact:

yeah

Postby Pastor Gary » July 5th, 2008, 5:25 pm

Full Quiver wrote:I thought we were talking about WiFi connections in general and not free WIFI specifically.


Yes. And that's what I discussed... some free service and some paid. I am still confused... :?:
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)



"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

DaJudge
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4477
Joined: June 10th, 2004, 3:33 am
Location: USA,Georgia

Re: wireless

Postby DaJudge » July 5th, 2008, 5:37 pm

Billy n NC wrote:
I thought it was awful. We had stayed at a days inn driving up to nashville and had free internet for a $59 room.


My experience has been that the more expensive the hotel, the less likely they will have free ANYTHING. Expensive hotels nickel and dime you to DEATH.


Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Login  •  Register