Palin is off the leash!!

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

User avatar
Rob
Hey, hey, hey
Posts: 1605
Joined: April 14th, 2004, 4:59 am
Location: USA,Kentucky

Postby Rob » September 4th, 2008, 2:58 am

My vote is still on hold. While I enjoyed her speech, Palin said a lot of good things. I heard nothing with regards to the economy, nothing with with regards to health care. While she stated a lot of things that I support, the truth of the matter is this, those issues I just stated IMHO is going to be what decides this election.
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

User avatar
soulsearcher
What's next?
Posts: 3375
Joined: August 29th, 2006, 5:35 am
Location: USA,Florida

Postby soulsearcher » September 4th, 2008, 3:13 am

Shellie wrote:I don't even care for McCain, but if we choose an Obama over a POW war veteran military man and a every day mom with a brain in her head then we are a sick country.


Amen, Sis! I prayed for Sarah Palin yesterday, and even through service last night at church. This woman is gifted. Even political pundits recognize that, as they struggled to evaluate her; one saying, "Look, what she has is a gift. You either have it or you don't, and she has it."

A great and eloquent speaker, fine example of a human being as daughter, wife, mother, successful leader of community and state, with the tenacity, boldness and courage of any man, and who dares to lead with a "servant's heart." I'll take it, no I'll embrace it as the kind of person I want to help lead my beloved country out of it's gathering darkness.

As for her ability to debate, we will see. I'm sure she can hold her own, and it will be exciting to watch her in the ring with Biden. In the meantime, I pray that she stays grounded in who she is and the mission at hand.

User avatar
kurt73
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...
Posts: 294
Joined: February 20th, 2008, 5:58 am
Location: USA,Ohio

Postby kurt73 » September 4th, 2008, 3:23 am

Pastor Rob wrote:My vote is still on hold. While I enjoyed her speech, Palin said a lot of good things. I heard nothing with regards to the economy, nothing with with regards to health care. While she stated a lot of things that I support, the truth of the matter is this, those issues I just stated IMHO is going to be what decides this election.


that was not the purpose these last few days, I'm guessing tonight will be when they start getting into what they are going do, etc.

I really liked her speech. She pulled no punches and was very diplomatic but yet stern on a few issues. Now that we all been awe now lets see what they are going to do for this great country.

User avatar
Rob
Hey, hey, hey
Posts: 1605
Joined: April 14th, 2004, 4:59 am
Location: USA,Kentucky

Postby Rob » September 4th, 2008, 3:33 am

kurt73 wrote:that was not the purpose these last few days,


Then what has been the purpose of the last few days?
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

User avatar
kurt73
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...
Posts: 294
Joined: February 20th, 2008, 5:58 am
Location: USA,Ohio

Postby kurt73 » September 4th, 2008, 3:43 am

Pastor Rob wrote:
kurt73 wrote:that was not the purpose these last few days,


Then what has been the purpose of the last few days?


from what I understood it was for McCain and Palin to accept the republician approval to run for Pres. Palin accepted VP last night and McCain will tonight. After that they better get with what they are going to do for the country and let the people know because you are right they have said very little.

DaJudge
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4477
Joined: June 10th, 2004, 3:33 am
Location: USA,Georgia

Postby DaJudge » September 4th, 2008, 3:43 am

dolfan wrote:

But, let's be frank. We've never seen her in a debate. Joe Biden is a pro. I always say that the team that should win usually does. Joe Biden should win that debate with Palin on sheer experience alone. Just the form of debate itself is something he's done for 35 years. Palin is a wonderful sales person, but is she a debater? Can she even sit in the same room with Biden? I don't know. But, I have to tell you that I doubt it still, even after tonight.


I was watching FOX after the speech last night and they were talking to a guy from Alaska. He said that Palin debated Frank Murkowski in the 2006 Gubernatorial race. Murkowski had been in the Senate for something like 20 years and then governor. He said Palin beat the britches off of him in the debate.

DaJudge
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4477
Joined: June 10th, 2004, 3:33 am
Location: USA,Georgia

Postby DaJudge » September 4th, 2008, 3:44 am

The double post monster strikes again

User avatar
soulsearcher
What's next?
Posts: 3375
Joined: August 29th, 2006, 5:35 am
Location: USA,Florida

Postby soulsearcher » September 4th, 2008, 3:51 am

kurt73 wrote:... they better get with what they are going to do for the country and let the people know because you are right they have said very little.



:?: :?: :?:
Not going to raise taxes.
Aggressively pursuing drilling. and alternative energy resources.
Winning the war with nothing but victory.
Being an ambassador for special needs families.

Sounds pretty serioius to me.

User avatar
dolfan
Established Member
Posts: 8016
Joined: March 17th, 2004, 1:25 pm
Location: USA,Alabama
Contact:

Postby dolfan » September 4th, 2008, 3:58 am

What if Palin does get the nod from most viewers of the debate with Biden? What if they do think she won ... and Obama wins the election anyway??

How probable is it that Palin sweeps through on a wing and a prayer and blows everyone's socks off but winds up keeping her job as governor? How much difference is a Palin that really shows that she's "all that" going to make for a McCain who clearly isn't?? These are questions I have.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

User avatar
kurt73
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...
Posts: 294
Joined: February 20th, 2008, 5:58 am
Location: USA,Ohio

Postby kurt73 » September 4th, 2008, 4:01 am

soulsearcher wrote:
kurt73 wrote:... they better get with what they are going to do for the country and let the people know because you are right they have said very little.



:?: :?: :?:
Not going to raise taxes.
Aggressively pursuing drilling. and alternative energy resources.
Winning the war with nothing but victory.
Being an ambassador for special needs families.

Sounds pretty serioius to me.


you are correct but how are they going to do this? there is more that needs a address then those few things. Obama keep saying "change" but never offers up much of how he going to do it. The few times he did it was "raise taxes".

DaJudge
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4477
Joined: June 10th, 2004, 3:33 am
Location: USA,Georgia

Postby DaJudge » September 4th, 2008, 4:04 am

Pastor Rob wrote:My vote is still on hold.


So who are you gonna vote for, Obama?

Gerald Creasy

Postby Gerald Creasy » September 4th, 2008, 4:10 am

double post: see below
Last edited by Gerald Creasy on September 4th, 2008, 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gerald Creasy

Postby Gerald Creasy » September 4th, 2008, 4:10 am

DaJudge wrote:
Pastor Rob wrote:My vote is still on hold.


So who are you gonna vote for, Obama?


I would go one further: how could you, as a COGOP pastor, consider voting for a man that stands for so much you would be against???

How could you NOT KNOW whether you would vote for him or not?

User avatar
KBevangelist
Hey, hey, hey
Posts: 1998
Joined: August 21st, 2006, 12:00 pm
Location: USA,NorthCarolina
Contact:

Postby KBevangelist » September 4th, 2008, 4:19 am

kurt73 wrote:
soulsearcher wrote:
kurt73 wrote:... they better get with what they are going to do for the country and let the people know because you are right they have said very little.



:?: :?: :?:
Not going to raise taxes.
Aggressively pursuing drilling. and alternative energy resources.
Winning the war with nothing but victory.
Being an ambassador for special needs families.

Sounds pretty serioius to me.


you are correct but how are they going to do this? there is more that needs a address then those few things. Obama keep saying "change" but never offers up much of how he going to do it. The few times he did it was "raise taxes".


Have you ever known a candiate to specifically lay out plans on how they are going change "whatever" and actually do it that way?

KB

User avatar
kurt73
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...
Posts: 294
Joined: February 20th, 2008, 5:58 am
Location: USA,Ohio

Postby kurt73 » September 4th, 2008, 4:26 am

KBevangelist wrote:
kurt73 wrote:
soulsearcher wrote:
kurt73 wrote:... they better get with what they are going to do for the country and let the people know because you are right they have said very little.



:?: :?: :?:
Not going to raise taxes.
Aggressively pursuing drilling. and alternative energy resources.
Winning the war with nothing but victory.
Being an ambassador for special needs families.

Sounds pretty serioius to me.


you are correct but how are they going to do this? there is more that needs a address then those few things. Obama keep saying "change" but never offers up much of how he going to do it. The few times he did it was "raise taxes".


Have you ever known a candiate to specifically lay out plans on how they are going change "whatever" and actually do it that way?

KB


That is the problem, everyone has a solution but no one knows how to get it accomplished. I'm fine with reduced taxes, more oil drilling, winning the war, being a avocate for the special children but what about the middle class worker, health care, schooling, the country budget, etc. All I'm saying there is more that they need to address.

I'm all for McCain/Palin I just want to hear more.


Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 52 guests

Login  •  Register