What guys think about what girls wear

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

User avatar
Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 10475
Joined: January 28th, 2003, 9:03 pm
Location: USA,Hawaii
Contact:

What guys think about what girls wear

Postby Pastor Gary » October 1st, 2008, 6:35 pm

Hey Pastors and Youth Pastors -- have you checked out the resource at boybrains.com dealing with "What guys think about what girls wear."

What I saw looks like it would be good.
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

User avatar
kurt73
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...
Posts: 294
Joined: February 20th, 2008, 5:58 am
Location: USA,Ohio

Postby kurt73 » October 2nd, 2008, 2:44 am

I run the Men's ministry at our church and I think I'll get that video to show to the men in the group and then pass it on to the youth pastor.
Acts 6:4 (KJV)
But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.

User avatar
RamboPreacher
RamboPreacher
Posts: 12355
Joined: July 17th, 2004, 5:41 pm
Location: USA, Texas

Postby RamboPreacher » October 2nd, 2008, 2:51 am

kurt73 wrote:I run the Men's ministry at our church and I think I'll get that video to show to the men in the group and then pass it on to the youth pastor.
I am too, ordered it and had the same thought about giving it to our youth pastor. 8)
Thanks, Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling

User avatar
jessicacook
Hall Of Fame
Posts: 607
Joined: February 6th, 2006, 9:28 am
Location: USA,Mississippi

we might have to get it too....

Postby jessicacook » October 2nd, 2008, 5:24 am

It looks interesting! It's definitely something that is needed today.

Thanks for posting it, PG.
Jessica Cook

"You are God alone....You're unchangeable, unshakable, unstoppable that's what You are"

www.myspace.com/jessica1cook
http://jessica1cook.blogspot.com

User avatar
A2JGirl
Hall Of Fame
Posts: 666
Joined: September 25th, 2006, 10:10 am
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby A2JGirl » October 2nd, 2008, 5:56 am

Oooh! I wanna read that! I strive to be modest, and since being married, I've learned a lot of things I wish I had known before, but I never want to assume that there isn't anything else I could learn.

Another place I learned some things was from The Modesty Survey.

User avatar
kurt73
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...
Posts: 294
Joined: February 20th, 2008, 5:58 am
Location: USA,Ohio

Postby kurt73 » October 2nd, 2008, 6:52 am

A2JGirl wrote:Oooh! I wanna read that! I strive to be modest, and since being married, I've learned a lot of things I wish I had known before, but I never want to assume that there isn't anything else I could learn.

Another place I learned some things was from The Modesty Survey.


I think I'm going to have my 12 yr old daughter do that survey, thanks for sharing :)
Acts 6:4 (KJV)

But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.

ErinNicole
Needs a LIFE
Posts: 115
Joined: August 30th, 2003, 4:56 am
Location: USA,Illinois
Contact:

Postby ErinNicole » October 2nd, 2008, 7:27 am

Another great resource for teenage girls is a book by Haley DiMarco called Sexy Girls: How Hot is Too Hot. We did at senior camp a couple of years ago and the girls told me how much they needed to hear some of the things in that book.

Another of her books that is good is Technical Virgin: How Far is Too Far.

http://www.askhayley.com

User avatar
jessicacook
Hall Of Fame
Posts: 607
Joined: February 6th, 2006, 9:28 am
Location: USA,Mississippi

Postby jessicacook » October 2nd, 2008, 7:43 am

That Modesty Survery was very interesting! Thanks for sharing!

I love Hayley DiMArco's books. She holds nothing back and tells it like it is! I've used those two specific ones mentioned in classes I have done for the girls. Very good!
Jessica Cook



"You are God alone....You're unchangeable, unshakable, unstoppable that's what You are"



www.myspace.com/jessica1cook

http://jessica1cook.blogspot.com

User avatar
Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 10475
Joined: January 28th, 2003, 9:03 pm
Location: USA,Hawaii
Contact:

Hmmmmm

Postby Pastor Gary » October 2nd, 2008, 10:22 am

A2JGirl wrote:Another place I learned some things was from The Modesty Survey.

I read some things on that site and, to be frank, it was a very confused presentation... I wish they would have simply posted a summary that said something like:
"When we asked hundreds of young guys about how they felt about the way young girls dress/act, and how it impacts them, we learned that...

--70% of the guys are really bothered by ____________________.
--Most of them wish girls would not _________________________."

Know what I mean?

Trying to weed through it, I also noted that some of the things there seem to be problems for young, testosterone-charged guys with no legitimate outlet for their sexual desires, but those same things are just not an issue for me as an older guy.

But good info overall, and a resource to be bookmarked.
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)



"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

User avatar
HogWild
Hall Of Fame
Posts: 655
Joined: February 8th, 2005, 5:23 am
Location: USA,Wisconsin
Contact:

Postby HogWild » October 2nd, 2008, 10:35 am

I do have to admit that the first time I saw the title of this post, I thought it had something to do with big girl panties. :shock:
Check out this prodigal's journey back to the Father's house at www.prodigaldave.com


Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests

Login  •  Register