Aussie research refutes Gore's claims

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

User avatar
Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 10475
Joined: January 28th, 2003, 9:03 pm
Location: USA,Hawaii
Contact:

Aussie research refutes Gore's claims

Postby Pastor Gary » April 18th, 2009, 12:03 am

"A paper to be published soon by the British Antarctic Survey in the journal Geophysical Research Letters is expected to confirm that over the past 30 years, the area of sea ice around the continent has expanded."
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

User avatar
MacUser
Established Member
Posts: 6224
Joined: July 13th, 2004, 4:55 am
Location: USA,Mississippi

Postby MacUser » April 19th, 2009, 4:49 am

:shock:

I mean what is the polar ice cap thinking? The Gore religion is trying to "save it" even unknown to itself.... by remaking the USA so it can survive.. and it's just not cooperating!

Seriously.. This guy is no different than some religious leader that says the earth is going to end on April 20, 2009 at 11:24 am - 54 seconds. :roll:

Yet we still have so many Christians that believe in this green propaganda.
Chris -

... Behold, the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world!
John 1:29

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4632
Joined: June 25th, 2004, 4:34 pm
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby Full Quiver » April 19th, 2009, 8:34 am

The only thing I like about the "green agenda" is that in my line of work people are throwing money our way to give them more efficient lighting and power, installing solar panels and windmills, etc. It's work for us and I'll take their green all the way to the bank.

Which brings me to this. The other day while at the hospital with my daughter I read an article in a gardening magazine but only did so because there were no political or automotive ones handy. The article actually spoke of gardens that polluted and that were not "green". Some guy comes and measures whether your garden is carbon neutral, positive, or negative. Who would have thought it? So my question is who says that the rain forest is good for the environment if my flower garden isn't? Wouldn't the dead rotting trees and such in the Californian forests be putting off more carbon than the forest is breathing in? OOOOPS, my bad , trees don't breathe carbon they breathe carbon dioxide and that is not destroying the EARTH.
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

biblemanryan
Needs a LIFE
Posts: 135
Joined: February 13th, 2003, 12:20 pm
Location: USA,Indiana
Contact:

Postby biblemanryan » April 19th, 2009, 9:46 am

MacUser wrote:
Yet we still have so many Christians that believe in this green propaganda.


Yes, it is unfortunate. I consider myself a Christian environmentalist. I try to stay away from using things that pollute as much as possible, because I know that I don't want the stuff around me killing or hurting me and my family, but the CC advocates and Gorites take it way to far, hypocritically far in some cases.

User avatar
bibleguy
The J2 500
Posts: 551
Joined: February 7th, 2004, 6:56 am
Location: USA,Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: Aussie research refutes Gore's claims

Postby bibleguy » April 19th, 2009, 10:31 am

Pastor Gary wrote:"A paper to be published soon by the British Antarctic Survey in the journal Geophysical Research Letters is expected to confirm that over the past 30 years, the area of sea ice around the continent has expanded."


More of the Aussie upside-down thinking.
Get your nose in the Book! Be a Bible Guy Today!

User avatar
MacUser
Established Member
Posts: 6224
Joined: July 13th, 2004, 4:55 am
Location: USA,Mississippi

Postby MacUser » April 19th, 2009, 3:03 pm

biblemanryan wrote:I consider myself a Christian environmentalist. I try to stay away from using things that pollute as much as possible, because I know that I don't want the stuff around me killing or hurting me and my family


Exactly.... so do I. On my rural property.. I actually pay close attention to what is used and how things are disposed. That isn't "green" thinking.. but common sense.
Chris -



... Behold, the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world!

John 1:29

User avatar
MacUser
Established Member
Posts: 6224
Joined: July 13th, 2004, 4:55 am
Location: USA,Mississippi

Postby MacUser » April 20th, 2009, 4:54 am

Somebody needs to let this guy read the above report!!


Energy Secretary Offers Dire Global Warming Prediction

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first10 ... rediction/

Caribbean nations face "very, very scary" rises in sea level and intensifying hurricanes, and Florida, Louisiana and even northern California could be overrun with rising water levels due to global warming triggered by carbon-based greenhouse gases, Energy Secretary Steven Chu said Saturday.

Chu's comments followed meetings with environmental ministers attending the fifth Summit of the Americas. He did not shy away from the most perilous predictions about the potential effects of global warming.

*****



Shock Fear Panic. Send in your tax dollars quickly so we can avert this disaster.
Chris -



... Behold, the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world!

John 1:29


Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

Login  •  Register