Crackberries?

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

JohnDB
Whoa!!
Whoa!!
Posts: 453
Joined: November 18th, 2008, 6:15 am
Location: USA,Idaho

Crackberries?

Postby JohnDB » April 19th, 2009, 10:59 am

Anyone know much about them?

I got a new one and it is supposed to be able to do everything..but I am having a bit of trouble geting it to do everything.

I subscribed to the service and all...but...it is proving to be a bit tough without a mouse.
(I do have that little ball in the center)

It doesn't seem to be as easy as a laptop or puter is.
I want to die like Grandpa, quietly and in his sleep; not like the passengers in his car, they were all panicking and screaming.

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4632
Joined: June 25th, 2004, 4:34 pm
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby Full Quiver » April 19th, 2009, 1:13 pm

Why Blackberry and not IPhone? BB does not measure up and costs more. This I don't get.
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

User avatar
jinjer
Hey, hey, hey
Posts: 1711
Joined: January 31st, 2003, 10:08 am
Location: USA,Alabama

Postby jinjer » April 19th, 2009, 1:17 pm

Why Blackberry and not IPhone? BB does not measure up and costs more. This I don't get.


I have neither right now, but the ONE and only reason I don't have an iPhone is AT&T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jinjer

JohnDB
Whoa!!
Whoa!!
Posts: 453
Joined: November 18th, 2008, 6:15 am
Location: USA,Idaho

Postby JohnDB » April 19th, 2009, 2:02 pm

Where my wife works currently doesn't recieve AT&T service...so we used sprint cause they have the best priced family plans including internet and text messages.

ANd the phone wasn't horribly expensive.

I surfed jude while sitting in class...so I guess I am getting the hang of it all...maybe eventually I will figure it all out.
I want to die like Grandpa, quietly and in his sleep; not like the passengers in his car, they were all panicking and screaming.

User avatar
Susie Hamilton
Established Member
Posts: 7587
Joined: May 7th, 2003, 9:14 am
Location: USA,Virginia
Contact:

Postby Susie Hamilton » April 19th, 2009, 2:09 pm

I have a Palm with Sprint. I like it. I have checked out J2 while on my route as well as my email. I have the NFL network and can watch tv or listen to the radio. It has other features as well. I am satisfied with it for now.
To God be the Glory.

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4632
Joined: June 25th, 2004, 4:34 pm
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby Full Quiver » April 19th, 2009, 2:19 pm

I surfed jude while sitting in class..


Don't let Mr. Carter catch you doing this. Remember I told you he said he was God.
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

User avatar
RamboPreacher
RamboPreacher
Posts: 12355
Joined: July 17th, 2004, 5:41 pm
Location: USA, Texas

Postby RamboPreacher » April 19th, 2009, 4:09 pm

Full Quiver wrote:Why Blackberry and not IPhone? BB does not measure up and costs more. This I don't get.
security.
proprietary software
email
I use my BB for work and personal email Iphone can't do what I can do with my BB, and costs much, MUCH less.
Thanks, Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling

User avatar
Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 10475
Joined: January 28th, 2003, 9:03 pm
Location: USA,Hawaii
Contact:

Huh?

Postby Pastor Gary » April 19th, 2009, 9:33 pm

RamboPreacher wrote:
Full Quiver wrote:Why Blackberry and not IPhone? BB does not measure up and costs more. This I don't get.
security.
proprietary software
email
I use my BB for work and personal email Iphone can't do what I can do with my BB, and costs much, MUCH less.


Why can't you use an iPhone for work and personal email? I do... I have 5 email accounts on my iPhone.

(I switched from BB to iPhone and never looked back.)
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

User avatar
DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4477
Joined: March 15th, 2004, 7:09 am
Location: USA,Florida
Contact:

Postby DeWayneTN » April 20th, 2009, 3:53 am

I am counting the days to the Palm Pre - http://www.palm.com/us/products/phones/pre/ . Like Jinjer, I can't go for AT&T and have a dynamic, grandfathered-in plan with Sprint.
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)
Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

User avatar
Paully_44
Established Member
Posts: 7480
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 4:20 am
Location: USA,Washington

Postby Paully_44 » April 20th, 2009, 4:12 am

Blackberry here, because I am cheap. Work pays for it, I never see a bill. I would have liked to get an iPhone, but like Rambo, when the iPhone first came out, it couldnt be used for work, and I am not about to carry 2 phones.

I have had 3 different BB models. They work ok for web browsing and speed. But the only I time I really used if for web surfing was the past 2 assemblies so I could keep up with J2 stuff. I also like the GPS that it has. That has saved us on more than 1 vacation.
Let the wild rumpus start!

User avatar
jason
Needs a LIFE
Posts: 121
Joined: May 25th, 2003, 6:36 pm
Location: USA,Alabama

Postby jason » April 20th, 2009, 6:41 am

I had a Blackberry until a couple of weeks ago when a teething dog used it as a chew toy. I hated it anyway and am using my old Nokia until I can get an iPhone. In my opinion, the BB menu and navigation systems are horrible. The only reason I had the BB and not the iPhone to begin with was the keyboard. I enjoyed the tactile nature of the BB qwerty keyboard as opposed to the virtual iPhone keyboard (I like real "clicks") and the iPhone keyboard was just too small for my apparently fat fingers.

However, there's now an app to turn the iPhone keyboard sideways which dramatically increases its size and most of the other negative issues have been resolved with the latest version release. I think I can deal with the non-clicking keyboard to have all the other great features that come with an iPhone. Besides, I'm an Apple person anyway. All Hail the Jobsmeister!

Btw, the new BB Storm is still no iPhone. It's "clicking" function is virtual (ie- fake) and the OS is still the nasty RIM monstrosity.

My two shekels.
We are now... no longer the Knights Who Say 'Ni'. We are now the Knights Who Say 'Ecky- ecky- ecky- ecky- pikang- zoop- boing- goodem- zoo- owli- zhiv'.

User avatar
teach
I can see clearly now!
Posts: 2829
Joined: April 25th, 2006, 6:14 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby teach » April 20th, 2009, 7:21 am

I thought you were talking about a berry that had crack in it!!!

just kidding!

wendy k

JohnDB
Whoa!!
Whoa!!
Posts: 453
Joined: November 18th, 2008, 6:15 am
Location: USA,Idaho

Postby JohnDB » April 20th, 2009, 2:51 pm

I found out that I can use up to five email accounts at a whack.

I also just found the GPS navigator. It works similar to a garmin...that is way cool.

I can watch TV or listen to music...watch Youtube videos...looked at a house for sale including the MLS sheet...this is way cool...as well as I kept up with this site all day during my breaks. (Boss don't allow phone calls during work...he don't know I was surfing the net) heh heh heh

check the weather...why? I am outside all day...I know what it is like...but I guess I could if I was inside or something and not near a window...but the forecast for tomorrow /all week is good.

It is a very cool toy!
I want to die like Grandpa, quietly and in his sleep; not like the passengers in his car, they were all panicking and screaming.

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4632
Joined: June 25th, 2004, 4:34 pm
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby Full Quiver » April 20th, 2009, 6:48 pm

I use my BB for work and personal email Iphone can't do what I can do with my BB, and costs much, MUCH less.


WHAT?

Dude, you can play the flute on an IPhone and that aint no joke. Our company is considering dropping Nextel and switching to Iphone and it is more than capable of meeting all the needs. I priced a BB at over $400 and it had less than 1 gig of memory. The Iphone is $199 with 8 gigs.
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

JohnDB
Whoa!!
Whoa!!
Posts: 453
Joined: November 18th, 2008, 6:15 am
Location: USA,Idaho

Postby JohnDB » April 21st, 2009, 4:21 pm

Why would someone want to play the flute on their telephone?

Especially at work?
I want to die like Grandpa, quietly and in his sleep; not like the passengers in his car, they were all panicking and screaming.


Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 33 guests

Login  •  Register