This is an update and a link to a flyer that was recently posted on line regarding "Serving Paraguay" that I receive a couple days ago. Please be in prayer for the ministry there.
God bless!
Lance
http://www.scribd.com/doc/52416063/Serv ... guay-Flyer
Hello Everyone,
I hope that this email finds everyone doing well. Shaun and I wanted to send a little update to everyone and say THANK YOU for your continuing support. Since returning to Paraguay from furlough, we have been seeing some amazing changes not just in the children in Hogar GANAR, but also in some of the families of the community that are sending their children to our now private, Christian school.
In the attached update, you can read a little more about the home and school. We are thrilled to be able to feed the 65 community children that are attending our school along with our 30 children from the homes. Many of the children do not eat well in their homes and both the children and their parents have been so grateful that we are not only offering uniforms, textbooks, English classes, and quality teachers, but that we are also able to help them feed their children. Each of you has been a part of making this happen and we want to say THANKS.
Our children in our three houses continue to grow and mature in amazing ways. They are learning more and more about the Lord and we thank Him for that. To listen to our children pray is an amazing blessing. Each week in our church service with the children from the homes, the children give prayer requests and pray. They are learning what it means to present their needs to the Lord and they have great faith that the Lord will hear them and respond. In so many things, He already has, and they are thanking Him for his provision. I was sick a few weeks ago and Shaun mentioned to some of the children in House 1 that I was not feeling well. When I went to the office the next day, I saw Lujan from House 1 and she asked me how I was feeling. I told her that I was much better that morning and she said, "You know tia, that is because I prayed for you." How wonderful that these children who had no concept of a loving God or a giving Savior such a short time ago are now fulling embracing the Lord and not only that, but they are learning to love and trust other adults!
If you are interested in helping us find more people willing to support the ministries of Serving Paraguay, please let us know. We would love to involve more businesses and churches in a partnership to serve the children of Paraguay.
Please be in prayer for the finances of the home. The dollar here has fallen from nearly 5,000 Gs/$1 to 4,000 Gs/$1 and we are needing more sponsors for the homes and school. Also, continue to keep each child in your prayers. Many are having a difficult time overcoming their past abuses and learning to trust the adults that are now caring for them. In our school, there are several families that have serious financial and spiritual needs. Pray that the Lord would lead us to help them in the best way that we can.
Please see the attached flyer that includes information and pictures of the homes and school and feel free to pass it along!
May the Lord bless each of you!!
Sara
--
Shaun & Sara Morton
Itaugua, Paraguay
Email:
mortonmissions@gmail.com
Web:
www.mortonmissions.blogspot.com
Paraguay Phone: 595 981821230
U.S. Online Phone: 423 285 8970
Mailing Address:
Casilla de correo 13222
1749 Shopping Del Sol
Asuncion, Paraguay, South America