The Amazing Race!

A forum for the discussion of TV, movies, music and pop-culture influences from a Christian perspective. A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

User avatar
Sherry
Moderator
Posts: 5731
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 6:13 pm
Location: USA,Texas
Contact:

The Amazing Race!

Postby Sherry » August 13th, 2004, 1:24 pm

Who"s addicted to "The Amazing Race?"

Who do you predict will win the million dollars?

Who's your favorite team?

Who's your least favorite team?

User avatar
ImaPK
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4300
Joined: March 14th, 2004, 10:42 am
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby ImaPK » August 13th, 2004, 2:56 pm

Don't really have a favorite but I wish the midget and her cousin would lose...they are so obnoxious :x
People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. Author Unknown.

User avatar
Sherry
Moderator
Posts: 5731
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 6:13 pm
Location: USA,Texas
Contact:

Postby Sherry » August 13th, 2004, 3:07 pm

Oh PK, they aren't obnoxious just inventive. :roll: I liked them at first, but as the race goes on, they have showed their true colors. The tall one hardly ever does the tasks, but when she does, she complains the whole time!! The midgit is pretty sharp, she'd do better without the cousin.

I do like the Christian couple Brandon and Nicole from Tx. I do hope they win.

The brothers, I felt sorry for them, the one with the knee last week. He could hardly walk and couldn't make it to the check-in point. He looked like he was in so much pain. They live in Dallas.

I would love to be on that show. I told David that should be a goal for us when we lose the weight we want to lose. Try out for Amazing Race...man that would be so much fun!!!!!! :D

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4632
Joined: June 25th, 2004, 4:34 pm
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby Full Quiver » August 13th, 2004, 3:47 pm

I do like the Christian couple Brandon and Nicole from Tx. I do hope they win.


I find that to be a horrible way to describe them. She flat out lied on one episode.

I'd like the midget and her cousin to win. Notice the cousin ALWAYS hugs the host!
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

User avatar
ImaPK
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4300
Joined: March 14th, 2004, 10:42 am
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby ImaPK » August 13th, 2004, 3:53 pm

To put it nicely...the cousin is a "female four legged man's best friend"
People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. Author Unknown.

User avatar
Sherry
Moderator
Posts: 5731
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 6:13 pm
Location: USA,Texas
Contact:

Postby Sherry » August 13th, 2004, 4:50 pm

NC-Preacher wrote:
I do like the Christian couple Brandon and Nicole from Tx. I do hope they win.


I find that to be a horrible way to describe them. She flat out lied on one episode.

I'd like the midget and her cousin to win. Notice the cousin ALWAYS hugs the host!


Not quite sure what you mean with that statement? :roll: They profess to be Christians, so I called them the Christian couple, for which they are even called that on the show.....I don't see anything horrible with it at all! But anywho... :roll:

Guest

Postby Guest » August 13th, 2004, 6:16 pm

ImaPK wrote:Don't really have a favorite but I wish the midget and her cousin would lose...they are so obnoxious :x


I can't stand them AT ALL!! Ever since the first episode and their infatuation with the host. ugh :evil:

User avatar
Sherry
Moderator
Posts: 5731
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 6:13 pm
Location: USA,Texas
Contact:

Postby Sherry » August 13th, 2004, 6:20 pm

Anonymous wrote:
ImaPK wrote:Don't really have a favorite but I wish the midget and her cousin would lose...they are so obnoxious :x


I can't stand them AT ALL!! Ever since the first episode and their infatuation with the host. ugh :evil:


They do have the hots for the host don't they? Poor guy gets assaulted at the end of every show!! :roll:

User avatar
Paully_44
Established Member
Posts: 7480
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 4:20 am
Location: USA,Washington

Postby Paully_44 » August 13th, 2004, 6:23 pm

Anonymous wrote:I can't stand them AT ALL!! Ever since the first episode and their infatuation with the host. ugh :evil:



Sorry, the above post was mine. i thought i was signed in.....
Let the wild rumpus start!

User avatar
Psalm91
Needs a hobby
Posts: 92
Joined: August 6th, 2004, 7:31 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby Psalm91 » August 13th, 2004, 6:29 pm

That is the only show my husband actually would like for us to go on!LOL!
I keep telling him it would embarrase the members. :P
The only thing is he doesn't do hieghts and I would get stuck with all the high challenges. ( could you see your Pastor's wife bungy jumping off a bridge???????????Nevermind.)
Anyway I would like for the married couple to win. I didn't like them at first but they've grown on me.
As far as the Christian couple go,,, if I hear one more "Honey or Sweetie I think I will throw up my toe nails! :roll:
I am a Christian woman married to a Christian man and I do not call him Honey or Sweetie!!! :twisted:
I think it is funny to watch the host when the cousins come in I almost cringe for him! :shock:
All my hopes, my dreams and my plans are wrapped up in His hands.

User avatar
Sherry
Moderator
Posts: 5731
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 6:13 pm
Location: USA,Texas
Contact:

Postby Sherry » August 13th, 2004, 6:40 pm

Your post reminded me about last weeks episode...when Brandon was on the donkey, bareback and Nicole was running to much with the reins and he was bouncing alot....he called out, "easy honey, I want to have kids one day!" I fell out of my seat laughing!! :lol: :lol: It was priceless!! Best quote of the show so far!

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4632
Joined: June 25th, 2004, 4:34 pm
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby Full Quiver » August 14th, 2004, 5:26 am

What I was trying to say is as a Christian how could she flat out lie the way she did at least on one show. Going to Church doesn't make one a Christian.
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

User avatar
EagerBeaver
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4706
Joined: September 5th, 2003, 5:05 pm
Location: USA,Missouri
Contact:

Postby EagerBeaver » August 14th, 2004, 6:50 am

People can repent of their wrongdoing, NCPreacher. Don't be so hard on them. We are not anyone to judge.

I still say go Brandon and Nicole.
Chris Brewer - My Website

dbserv
Hey, hey, hey
Posts: 1570
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 7:23 pm
Location: USA,California
Contact:

Postby dbserv » August 14th, 2004, 6:56 am

NC-Preacher wrote:What I was trying to say is as a Christian how could she flat out lie the way she did at least on one show. Going to Church doesn't make one a Christian.



Well, gossiping about her on this Forum and pointing out her "sin" for all of us to see IS A SIN AS WELL!!!

Going to church and being an "NC-Preacher" doesn't make you a Christian either.



It's not so nice when the judgement that we judge with is used on us, is it. But, at least that is Biblical whereas the method you chose to deal with what you felt she did wrong WAS NOT!!! Did you contact her to discuss the wrong she committed before you brought it to the "church" here.

I didn't think so.
God Bless You

Dan Bagley

Guest

Postby Guest » August 14th, 2004, 8:07 am

I am a Christian woman married to a Christian man and I do not call him Honey or Sweetie!!!
*** Meant to say that I don't call him Honey or sweetie when I am mad at him! More like,,, well anyway you get the picture! :lol:
**YR** Yes! I loved that part!


Return to “Entertainment”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Login  •  Register