Hurricane Eloise in 1975 in Panama City, FL. I was just a little thing. I remember going to one of our member's house and reading comic books all night long.
Kenya
I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing! Galatians 2:21
Actually, Little Sis, the only comparison is they both do a lot of destruction and they both rotate. I have been through both. A tornado hits and is over. A hurricane lasts for hours that can seem like days.
James
When you have nothing left but God, you have enough to start again.
Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service
ROANOKE, VA
... STRONG GUSTY WINDS AND ISOLATED TORNADOES POSSIBLE ON FRIDAY...
THE REMNANTS OF IVAN WILL CONTINUE TO MOVE NORTHWARD PASSING INTO THE CENTRAL APPALACHIANS FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY. THE EASTERN HALF OF THE CIRCULATION IS EXPECTED TO REACH WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA BY FRIDAY MORNING... AND THE REMAINDER OF THE AREA DURING FRIDAY AFTERNOON. ALTHOUGH WIND FIELDS ASSOCIATED WITH THE SYSTEM WILL BE WEAKER... THE POTENTIAL EXISTS FOR STRONGER WINDS TO MIX DOWN IN ANY OF THE HEAVIER RAINBANDS. IN ADDITION... SHORT LIVED SPINUP TORNADOES COULD ALSO OCCUR ESPECIALLY ACROSS THE PIEDMONT COUNTIES LATER FRIDAY. THE POTENTIAL FOR SEVERE WEATHER COULD LINGER INTO FRIDAY NIGHT... OR EVEN SATURDAY DEPENDING ON THE EXACT TRACK THAT THE REMNANTS DECIDE TO TAKE....