Healing Poll

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

What is your conviction concerning healing?

A. God never heals
0
No votes
B. God seldom heals
0
No votes
C. God provides healing through Christ's shed blood
4
13%
D. God desires to heal all sickness
1
3%
E. Both C and D
7
23%
F. The blood of Christ has no healing power
0
No votes
G. It's not God's will to heal every one
2
6%
H. Both F and G
0
No votes
I. Other (explained below)
1
3%
J. God is sovereign. He can and does heal, but is not obligated to.
3
10%
K. God can and does use sickness, poverty, and adversity to mold the character of His saints if He sees fit.
2
6%
L. G, J & K are all my view.
11
35%
 
Total votes: 31

User avatar
Joey
Da Bomb!
Posts: 910
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 4:16 pm
Location: USA,Kentucky

Postby Joey » October 12th, 2004, 6:03 pm

A few more things to consider Pastorables.

1. Sorrow set in after the scene in the garden (Gen 3) which included toil, work, pain, and even death due to the loss of the tree of life. Perfect health will not come again until heaven. If you believe that God ALWAYS heals, (not that He can't heal because we all agree that He CAN heal) I urge you to make the trip to Kentucky and pray for Kenya's dad and I will pay for the trip. While your at it, stop by the hospital here in Somerset and clear all the beds. It's gotten a little crowded down there.

2. The verses you use to show Jesus granting power to heal were fine, but this too was with purpose. Just as Jesus showed His divinty with miracles, and as He had His purpose to heal through the disciples, He also had purpose not to heal as well. Let me explain.
In the verse about Peter healing the man after saying "Silver and Gold have I none but ...." Tell me this. Wouldn't there have been plenty of other sick at the door of the temple for Peter to heal? So why didn't Peter turn to all of them and heal them as well? Perhaps he was moved by the Holy Spirit to speak to this man alone, and not to all those who were at the doors of the temple? The man showed no more faith than to ask them for money. Why couldn't Peter have healed all of them?
The answer is what you are seeking....because God moves as He chooses. He moved on Peter to stop and deal with this man....not all of the sick that day.

3. One last point. Logic seems to say that Jesus' miracles were at least partly to show His divinity. He also prophesied to the disciples that they would do greater than He did. And they did great miracles and brought thousands to know the Lord before most of them became martyrs. So his prophecy came true. But just because He blessed the diciples to perform many miracles does not mean they always did miracles or that they sometimes didn't pray for someone and see no healing. Paul did, and he never saw the healing for his thorn or Timothys stomach problems. Miracles have purpose. They are not a promise.



So I differ in opinion and say that you are wrong, believing that God wants to heal all people. I'm Sure, He hates death as much as we do - watching His children suffer, but sickness and death are just part of the 'fabric of life' since we left the garden and God knows what He is doing by allowing it to happen to His saints or otherwise when there is no healing miracle even after prayer.
On the other hand, God has healed, and we are encouraged to pray for and lay hands on the sick. But it is flat wrong to tell God to do something because His Word says He would do it. NO WHERE does His Word say HE Guarantees healing...because His WOrd can not lie - and since we have all watched saints pass away after prayer, it must be us that have the interpretation wrong when we claim such a far fetched promise.

User avatar
pastorables
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4748
Joined: February 9th, 2004, 10:01 am
Location: USA, Alabama
Contact:

Postby pastorables » October 12th, 2004, 8:17 pm

Joey wrote:So I differ in opinion and say that you are wrong,


Joey,

Okay. Believe it as you see it, my friend. I will stay with my convictions.

Blessings to you also,
pastorables

User avatar
Joey
Da Bomb!
Posts: 910
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 4:16 pm
Location: USA,Kentucky

Postby Joey » October 13th, 2004, 1:26 am

Pastorables,
Be careful about choosing "conviction" over the Word of God correctly interpreted.

User avatar
pastorables
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4748
Joined: February 9th, 2004, 10:01 am
Location: USA, Alabama
Contact:

Postby pastorables » October 13th, 2004, 5:33 am

Joey wrote:Pastorables,
Be careful about choosing "conviction" over the Word of God correctly interpreted.


Brother,

I believe my convictions to be the Word of God correctly interpreted. Not everyone here agrees with me, but some do. You and I could tit for tat over many issues in the Bible. It is not my desire to do that. I have built my case about healing and I believe it to be a sound one. I do not believe that I can command healing or I would heal my wife and I would come heal your family member, nevertheless, there is coming a day, sooner than we realize, when this will change. I truly believe that many in the church will rise above worldly, temporal living and, once again, perform the miracles of God allowed by His own marching orders to the New Testament church, including the power to heal.

This is spoken from the heart of New Testament evangelism.

Be blessed,
pastorables


Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Login  •  Register