The Amazing Race!

A forum for the discussion of TV, movies, music and pop-culture influences from a Christian perspective. A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

User avatar
Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 10475
Joined: January 28th, 2003, 9:03 pm
Location: USA,Hawaii
Contact:

Chip & Kim on FoxNews

Postby Pastor Gary » September 23rd, 2004, 9:14 am

Just caught the tail end of a FoxNews interview with Chip & Kim of the Amazing Race. They were asked "Have you done anything with the $Million?"

They replied that they have not yet received it, but the FIRST thing they will do is tithe to their church, Jubilee South Coast in Orange County.
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

User avatar
Sherry
Moderator
Posts: 5731
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 6:13 pm
Location: USA,Texas
Contact:

Re: Chip & Kim on FoxNews

Postby Sherry » September 23rd, 2004, 11:48 am

Pastor Gary wrote:Just caught the tail end of a FoxNews interview with Chip & Kim of the Amazing Race. They were asked "Have you done anything with the $Million?"

They replied that they have not yet received it, but the FIRST thing they will do is tithe to their church, Jubilee South Coast in Orange County.


That's awesome!! I knew they where the ones who deserved to win!!

mavislb
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...
Posts: 363
Joined: November 13th, 2003, 2:38 pm
Location: USA,Kansas

Postby mavislb » September 23rd, 2004, 1:34 pm

The only thing that bothered me about Chip this last race was the way he flat out lied to Brandon about finding the right flag. I admit Brandon was being a jerk by not getting out of the boat and looking himself, but that was no reason for Chip to lie to him. He could have found a different way of not letting Brandon know he found the right one. Even one guy at my work commented on that point, and I think it stained Chip's Christian testimony just a tad bit. Wow, is that a lesson to me to watch my tongue in everything cuz you never know who's listening? Ouch!

User avatar
Sherry
Moderator
Posts: 5731
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 6:13 pm
Location: USA,Texas
Contact:

Postby Sherry » September 23rd, 2004, 2:48 pm

mavislb wrote:The only thing that bothered me about Chip this last race was the way he flat out lied to Brandon about finding the right flag. I admit Brandon was being a jerk by not getting out of the boat and looking himself, but that was no reason for Chip to lie to him. He could have found a different way of not letting Brandon know he found the right one. Even one guy at my work commented on that point, and I think it stained Chip's Christian testimony just a tad bit. Wow, is that a lesson to me to watch my tongue in everything cuz you never know who's listening? Ouch!


You know I really don't know how I feel about that. Brandon wanted a free ride...give me the answer, I don't want to have to work for the clue...not quite fair in my eyes. What Chip did could be called a "lie" or "playing the game".... At that point in the game I think they had to play to win...not play to make friends. Was Chip in the wrong? I'm not sure, but I'm willing to quess that Brandon would have done the same had the tables been turned.

User avatar
Jennifer Smith
Moderator
Posts: 3745
Joined: June 23rd, 2003, 11:40 am
Location: USA,Indiana

Postby Jennifer Smith » September 25th, 2004, 3:40 pm

If I had been in Chip's place, I would've just said, "You're going to have to find out for yourself!"... sweetly:). It would've made Brandon mad but not as mad as being lied to. The sad thing is that Chip and Kim could've formed some good long-lasting friendships with some of those guys. I don't blame them for the yield though, and all in all they played pretty decently most of the time.

It was an awesome finale-- and who predicted it?!!? Who was right? Of course, it was me! :lol: \:D/ :D :lol:

Chip and Kim showed a lot of depth for most of the game and I was proud of them.

Brandon and Kim were good kids most of the time but I think it's kind of (stupid?) risky to say something like, "I think God is putting everything in me to win this game.." or "If the Lord wants us to win they won't even see us coming" -at least they said "if" but it's not good to speak for God unless He has let you know His will for you.

Yellow Rose, were they in your neck of the woods at the end of that game?! Speaking of the moms, you remind me a bit of the one of them- your outgoing personality! :)You'd have fun on the show too, you should go for it~! :)
..I press on to take hold of that
for which Christ took hold of me.
-Phil 3:12

User avatar
Sherry
Moderator
Posts: 5731
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 6:13 pm
Location: USA,Texas
Contact:

Postby Sherry » September 25th, 2004, 4:00 pm

Jennifer Smith wrote:
Yellow Rose, were they in your neck of the woods at the end of that game?! Speaking of the moms, you remind me a bit of the one of them- your outgoing personality! :)You'd have fun on the show too, you should go for it~! :)


Actually, They raced right past where we live.....we live about 5 miles off the highway they were on going to Fort Worth!! We keep going "I know where they are!!!!!" :lol:

Thank you for the compliment! I really needed it tonight too. Been having a bad day, and you brightened my evening. Thanks! :D

I'd LOVE to be on that show....I have to lose weight first though.....that will be one of my goals I think!!! :wink:

User avatar
Jennifer Smith
Moderator
Posts: 3745
Joined: June 23rd, 2003, 11:40 am
Location: USA,Indiana

Postby Jennifer Smith » September 26th, 2004, 5:46 pm

Actually, They raced right past where we live.....we live about 5 miles off the highway they were on going to Fort Worth!! We keep going "I know where they are!!!!!"


That's cool- when they were in Manila and the Phillippines I was really excited because I went there in 11th grade for a mission trip. I had a really great time and it was great to see them visiting there. It actually wouldn't be a bad place to visit for a vacation except the airfare is high. But when you get there you can travel very inexpensively and they are nice to Americans! And it is SO GORGEOUS!! I mean it is lush, and I have never seen water/beaches like that in my life.
..I press on to take hold of that

for which Christ took hold of me.

-Phil 3:12

User avatar
panhandler
Moderator
Posts: 2152
Joined: March 27th, 2004, 3:45 pm
Location: Franklin Tn.
Contact:

Postby panhandler » November 4th, 2004, 5:27 pm

The new Race starts November 16th!!!!!
"I imagine God is weary of being called down on both sides of an argument" Cold Mountain

User avatar
Sherry
Moderator
Posts: 5731
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 6:13 pm
Location: USA,Texas
Contact:

Postby Sherry » November 4th, 2004, 5:55 pm

panhandler wrote:The new Race starts November 16th!!!!!


I know I can't wait....can't believe they are having another race this soon!!!! \:D/

User avatar
panhandler
Moderator
Posts: 2152
Joined: March 27th, 2004, 3:45 pm
Location: Franklin Tn.
Contact:

Postby panhandler » November 4th, 2004, 6:21 pm

YellowRoseTX wrote:
panhandler wrote:The new Race starts November 16th!!!!!


I know I can't wait....can't believe they are having another race this soon!!!! \:D/
They are already filming the next one.
"I imagine God is weary of being called down on both sides of an argument" Cold Mountain

User avatar
Sherry
Moderator
Posts: 5731
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 6:13 pm
Location: USA,Texas
Contact:

Postby Sherry » December 14th, 2004, 5:00 pm

Jonathan that slimeball needs to be thrown off the race for his unsportsman-like conduct. Did you see him push Victoria??? That moron is the lowest of the low. I wish someone would knock him on his rearend!push him around...and I don't mean just a little! :twisted:

He makes me so mad!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Phil looked pretty ticked himself.....I hope someone puts that punk in his place....I'd be happy to!!!! :D

As for Victoria....if I was her, he'd have been kissing that road when he pushed me. Throwing his backpack down and then screaming at her because she picked it up so no one would steal it...DUH!!! Did I mention that he's a MORON?! If I was a betting gal I'd bet that Victoria sees a divorce attorney when the race is over and gets a hefty settlement!! :lol:
Last edited by Sherry on December 14th, 2004, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
justsam
Woohoo!
Posts: 1439
Joined: July 18th, 2003, 5:05 pm
Location: USA,Indiana
Contact:

Postby justsam » December 14th, 2004, 5:39 pm

When the race started, I thought Johnathan would be another Colin- now I think he's just plain nuts. I really think he should be eliminated from the race.

God Bless- Sam Smith

User avatar
mary
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...
Posts: 387
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 4:46 am
Location: USA,SouthCarolina
Contact:

Postby mary » December 15th, 2004, 8:32 am

Last night was one of the first full shows we've watched and that dude who pushed his girlfriend/wife absolutely ticked us off. We couldn't believe it! And the previews dont' look too flattering for him next week either!

I can't believe she lets him get away with it! I mean, come on - don't treat someone like that.
Mary Jo
My Blog

Ilovebigcats
---=== J2 ===---
Posts: 5044
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 6:58 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby Ilovebigcats » December 16th, 2004, 8:01 am

I figured they had "rules" like any other reality show. If you hit someone you are out! He should be kicked out and let her pick a replacement. I hope Bolo or someone kicks his tail!
Did you see when Bolo's wife said we were beat by HIM (referring to Jonathan) that's embarassing! We were cracking up.
You have to admit though he was pretty smart smoozing an African into helping them and going with them.
The place where the slaves were sent through the doorway was moving. The doorway straight into the ocean was beautiful. I can't imagine. Then the exact opposite for the wall of Berlin. Quite cool! I liked this show. THEN the shove.... arg!
I don't know who I'm pulling for yet.

User avatar
Jennifer Smith
Moderator
Posts: 3745
Joined: June 23rd, 2003, 11:40 am
Location: USA,Indiana

Postby Jennifer Smith » January 2nd, 2005, 3:27 pm

I'm disappointed in this season so far. The contestants just aren't a very classy bunch. They seemed to try to find dysfunctional couples and focus on their conflict. That wasn't really what I enjoyed about the show, I mean, it's fun to see someone acting like Colin once in a while who almost got thrown in prison in a third world country, but that guy with the blue hair and the dude with the devil horn hair, they are both nuts!

I enjoy watching the couples be competitive, and have fun on the challenges and other experiences. It's great to see them enjoying the sights of foreign places. But I have no interest in seeing people with zero class and maturity abuse one another. I felt awkward for Phil- ouch that was an uncomfortable moment ...

Hope it improves soon- but it's still a good show!
..I press on to take hold of that

for which Christ took hold of me.

-Phil 3:12


Return to “Entertainment”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Login  •  Register