American Idol Chat

A forum for the discussion of TV, movies, music and pop-culture influences from a Christian perspective. A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

User avatar
TurtlesCL
Regular
Posts: 20
Joined: April 13th, 2005, 1:44 pm
Location: USA,Alabama
Contact:

American Idol Chat

Postby TurtlesCL » April 13th, 2005, 7:52 pm

Hey! This is my first post. Anybody watch AMERICAN IDOL tonight? You just never know who's going to be in the bottom three. I was happy with Nadia leaving. Seems nice, but mostly "flash" and her voice is not quite good enough to be the winner. Apparently most people agreed with me.
Carrie is great with country, but out of her element with any other type. Scott has a great voice, but needs to work on personality.
Anthony has a really good voice, but maybe an image problem.
Anwar and Vonzell...great voices and great personalities.
Bo is......okay. Good stage presence.
Constantine is growing on me.
Unfortunately, my favorite, Jessica, is gone.
Any comments??[/i]

User avatar
curiouspk
Whoa!!
Whoa!!
Posts: 492
Joined: April 17th, 2004, 7:20 am
Location: USA,Alabama
Contact:

Postby curiouspk » April 14th, 2005, 4:26 am

I'm sorry (not really:twisted: ) i'm parcial to the blonde from Missouri
but Nadia is a great singer and she perform very well
i think bo should have gone but i didn't vote so i can't say much
God Bless
May the fire that is in me, be within you also!!
www.myspace.com/brandonheacox

User avatar
Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 10475
Joined: January 28th, 2003, 9:03 pm
Location: USA,Hawaii
Contact:

Welcome to Jude 2

Postby Pastor Gary » April 14th, 2005, 4:51 pm

Glad you made it in -- keep posting!

Anwar is such a nice guy, nice look, nice voice, I picked him early. Love Scott's voice, but not his stage presence. The country girl is very pretty and sings country well, but might do better on Nashville Star.
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

User avatar
LisaMarie
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...
Posts: 301
Joined: February 10th, 2004, 10:19 am
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

idol

Postby LisaMarie » April 15th, 2005, 11:20 am

Constantine was definitely the best one last night but I wouldn't have thought it a while back.
I WILL SING OF YOUR LOVE FOREVER!!!

User avatar
stevenson
I can see clearly now!
Posts: 2214
Joined: February 9th, 2004, 2:44 pm
Location: USA,Ohio

Postby stevenson » April 15th, 2005, 3:32 pm

We love American Idol in this house! I have watched all four seasons, My wife likes Anwar and I like Carrie but Constantine is growing on us. We were hoping for Scott since he lives only an hour away from our house but we don't like his attitude as of late.
Who knows who will win. I thought Diana was the better vocalist last year but Fantasia had more stage presence.
By the way, American Idol is the only real Reality show!
"No, I am just telling you what the Word says" -Vestal Goodman

Oneway Ministries

Ilovebigcats
---=== J2 ===---
Posts: 5044
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 6:58 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby Ilovebigcats » April 27th, 2005, 3:45 pm

I am in shock!! I totally can't believe who went home!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry:

User avatar
Sherry
Moderator
Posts: 5731
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 6:13 pm
Location: USA,Texas
Contact:

Postby Sherry » April 27th, 2005, 5:33 pm

Ilovegcats wrote:I am in shock!! I totally can't believe who went home!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry:


So who went home??

User avatar
TurtlesCL
Regular
Posts: 20
Joined: April 13th, 2005, 1:44 pm
Location: USA,Alabama
Contact:

Postby TurtlesCL » April 27th, 2005, 9:39 pm

YellowRoseTX wrote:
Ilovegcats wrote:I am in shock!! I totally can't believe who went home!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry:


So who went home??


CONSTANTINE

User avatar
Paully_44
Established Member
Posts: 7480
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 4:20 am
Location: USA,Washington

Postby Paully_44 » April 28th, 2005, 4:14 am

Ilovegcats wrote:I am in shock!! I totally can't believe who went home!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry:


He had a terrible performance of Nickelback's "How You Remind Me"

I can't believe that Scott Savol is still hanging around.

Go Bo!
Let the wild rumpus start!

Ilovebigcats
---=== J2 ===---
Posts: 5044
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 6:58 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby Ilovebigcats » April 28th, 2005, 6:01 am

Anthony is too goofy and clayish for me I think he shoulda been next. Then Scott. Then I dunno....

I think Vonzel had gotten the big head and when she realized she was the bottom 3 that she had a rude awakening. I am curious to see if it affects her next week. Confidence is a crazy thing.

User avatar
Believe
Frequent Flyer
Posts: 28
Joined: April 5th, 2005, 5:54 pm
Location: USA,Kentucky
Contact:

Postby Believe » May 12th, 2005, 11:24 am

who left last night? (may 10, 05 i think)
Faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen. - Hebrews 11:1

ErinNicole
Needs a LIFE
Posts: 115
Joined: August 30th, 2003, 4:56 am
Location: USA,Illinois
Contact:

Postby ErinNicole » May 14th, 2005, 4:49 pm

Anthony is gone.


I've been going for Carrie since the audition weeks. The girl can sing, I don't care what anyone says. I think the final two will be her and Bo. Vonzell is good, but she has pitch problems. I think Simon is the only one who can hear it. :)

-Erin

User avatar
curiouspk
Whoa!!
Whoa!!
Posts: 492
Joined: April 17th, 2004, 7:20 am
Location: USA,Alabama
Contact:

Postby curiouspk » May 14th, 2005, 5:49 pm

erin its the same with me
i've been for carrie ever since auditions
she awesome, sings extremely well. and she's hot
however she needs to work on the performance aspect of her singin
other than that she's great

bo may be from my state but i'm not a big fan of his

Vonzell does have some pitch problems, but the girl can sing some Whitney Houston

good to hear from you erin its been awhile
God Bless

May the fire that is in me, be within you also!!

www.myspace.com/brandonheacox


Return to “Entertainment”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Login  •  Register