College Football

A forum for the discussion of TV, movies, music and pop-culture influences from a Christian perspective. A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

User avatar
ImaPK
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4300
Joined: March 14th, 2004, 10:42 am
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby ImaPK » August 22nd, 2005, 3:13 pm

CAN YOU SAY THREE-PEAT?...GO TROJANS \:D/
People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. Author Unknown.

User avatar
Paully_44
Established Member
Posts: 7480
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 4:20 am
Location: USA,Washington

Postby Paully_44 » August 22nd, 2005, 4:12 pm

ImaPK wrote:CAN YOU SAY THREE-PEAT?...GO TROJANS \:D/


Well there you go. You went and said something sports related that we can agree upon. :shock: :D
Let the wild rumpus start!

User avatar
ImaPK
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4300
Joined: March 14th, 2004, 10:42 am
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby ImaPK » August 22nd, 2005, 4:19 pm

Paully_44 wrote:
ImaPK wrote:CAN YOU SAY THREE-PEAT?...GO TROJANS \:D/


Well there you go. You went and said something sports related that we can agree upon. :shock: :D


Ok let's see if we have anymore "common" ground(favorites)

MLB...Yankees and Reds
NBA...Celtics and Lakers
NHL...Bruins and Flyers
NFL...Cowboys and Raiders
CF....Trojans(USC) and Vols(UT)
CB....Bruins(UCLA) and Wildcats(KY)
People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. Author Unknown.

User avatar
Mole_J
I can see clearly now!
Posts: 2434
Joined: August 22nd, 2003, 9:56 am
Location: USA,Virginia
Contact:

Postby Mole_J » August 22nd, 2005, 4:59 pm

Paully_44 wrote:UW Huskies. Puple & Gold flow thru my veins. Unfortunately, this will be another true FAN season. They are not expected to do much. "Rebuilding" under 1st year coach, Tyronne Willingham.


Give him a few years and Tyronne Willingham could build them into a good team. I thought he did a good job in Notre Dame and he is a good coach.

User avatar
EagerBeaver
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4706
Joined: September 5th, 2003, 5:05 pm
Location: USA,Missouri
Contact:

Postby EagerBeaver » August 22nd, 2005, 5:30 pm

I personally thoroughly enjoyed the 1-11 season last year.

Watch this thread as I will put a video of one of MY GLORIOUS OREGON DUCKS plays against Washington Fusskies in '94.
Chris Brewer - My Website

User avatar
dalebert
Woohoo!
Posts: 1324
Joined: April 5th, 2004, 6:34 am
Location: USA,Ohio
Contact:

Postby dalebert » August 23rd, 2005, 5:12 am

I can tell you this, Ohio State is a bunch of worthless nuts.... Wink
Miami (OH) GO REDHAWKS!!!!!!! Razz
_________________


We'll see who has the last wink two week from now..... :wink:

User avatar
dalebert
Woohoo!
Posts: 1324
Joined: April 5th, 2004, 6:34 am
Location: USA,Ohio
Contact:

Postby dalebert » August 23rd, 2005, 5:14 am

CAN YOU SAY THREE-PEAT?...GO TROJANS


How can a "good ole boy" be for a west coast team? :?

User avatar
dalebert
Woohoo!
Posts: 1324
Joined: April 5th, 2004, 6:34 am
Location: USA,Ohio
Contact:

Postby dalebert » August 23rd, 2005, 5:16 am

CAN YOU SAY THREE-PEAT?...GO TROJANS
Yeah I like
NBA...Celtics and Lakers
NHL...Bruins and Flyers
NFL...Cowboys and Raiders
CF....Trojans(USC) and Vols(UT)
CB....Bruins(UCLA) and Wildcats(KY)
Nope to all of these

User avatar
Mole_J
I can see clearly now!
Posts: 2434
Joined: August 22nd, 2003, 9:56 am
Location: USA,Virginia
Contact:

Postby Mole_J » August 23rd, 2005, 6:03 am

ImaPK wrote:MLB...Yankees and Reds
NBA...Celtics and Lakers
NHL...Bruins and Flyers
NFL...Cowboys and Raiders
CF....Trojans(USC) and Vols(UT)
CB....Bruins(UCLA) and Wildcats(KY)


You have to have two teams in every sport? Just in case one is having a bad season, hopefully the other is having a good season and you can become a fan of that team and not appear to be bandwagon fan. :wink:

TC
Hey, hey, hey
Posts: 1922
Joined: February 20th, 2003, 5:00 pm
Location: "the Ville" ky

Postby TC » August 23rd, 2005, 6:06 am

THE NEWEST LOUISVILLE FAN

A KENTUCKY family of football supporters head out one Saturday to do their Christmas shopping. While in the sports shop the son picks up a LOUISVILLE jersey and says to his older sister "I've decided to become a LOUISVILLE fan and I would like this for Christmas". His big sister is outraged by this and promptly whacks him around the head and says, "Go talk to mother". Off goes the little lad with the LOUISVILLE jersey in hand and finds his
mother. "Mom, "Yes son?

"I've decided I'm going to be a LOUISVILLE fan and I would like this jersey for Christmas".

The mother is outraged at this, promptly whacks him around the head and says, "Go talk to your father!" Off he goes with the LOUISVILLE Jersey in hand and finds his father. "Dad?"

"Yes son?"
"I've decided I'm going to be a LOUISVILLE fan and I would like this jersey for Christmas"

The father is outraged and promptly whacks his son around the head and
says, "No son of mine is ever going to be seen in THAT!"

About half an hour later they're all back in the car and heading towards home, te father turns to his son and says, "Son, I hope you've learned something today?"

The son says, "Yes, Dad, I have."

"Good son, what is it?" To which the son replies,
"I've only been a LOUISVILLE fan for an hour and already I hate you KENTUCKY rednecks."

User avatar
ImaPK
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4300
Joined: March 14th, 2004, 10:42 am
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby ImaPK » August 23rd, 2005, 1:18 pm

Mole_J wrote:
ImaPK wrote:MLB...Yankees and Reds
NBA...Celtics and Lakers
NHL...Bruins and Flyers
NFL...Cowboys and Raiders
CF....Trojans(USC) and Vols(UT)
CB....Bruins(UCLA) and Wildcats(KY)


You have to have two teams in every sport? Just in case one is having a bad season, hopefully the other is having a good season and you can become a fan of that team and not appear to be bandwagon fan. :wink:


Actually I started doing that when I was little with baseball...my all-time favorite MLB player is Mickey Mantle so I grew up a Yankee fan...during my young years Frank Robinson was playing for the Reds and he was my second favorite player soooo :wink: ......Bobby Orr and Phil Espisito(Bruins) and Bobby Clarke and Dave Schultz(Flyers)...Meredith and Hayes(Cowboys) and Lamonica and Bilitnakof(Raiders)...Simpson et.al(USC Running Back U.) and UT was Linebacker U. back then....Alcinder and Walton(UCLA) and Coach Rupp(KY)

I WILL NEVER be a Ohio State fan because of Rex Kern...and if you don't know who that was then you ain't a REAL OSU fan :wink: :lol:
People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. Author Unknown.

User avatar
Worshipn4ever
Needs Decaf
Posts: 231
Joined: August 19th, 2005, 5:08 am
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Well then...

Postby Worshipn4ever » August 24th, 2005, 7:31 am

MrDanger wrote:
Oh the blasphemy of it all....having a Tennessean rooting for the enemy.


Like you can talk...you bought your wife the tag for your car. :lol: I'm proud of you for that. :)
Love: when a small hand grabs your own, looks up at you and says "SAVE ME FROM THE MONSTER!", you pick them up (along with 2 dolls and a small panda) and they lay their head on your shoulder, then say, "I love you". All because you "saved" them.

User avatar
MrDanger
I like flapjacks.
Posts: 3699
Joined: March 2nd, 2004, 6:02 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Re: Well then...

Postby MrDanger » August 24th, 2005, 8:16 am

Worshipn4ever wrote:
MrDanger wrote:
Oh the blasphemy of it all....having a Tennessean rooting for the enemy.


Like you can talk...you bought your wife the tag for your car. :lol: I'm proud of you for that. :)


It was a shameful day in my life. :cry:

I have repented many a time for that, dear sister.

I have fallen in the name of love just like Adam did with Eve.
"Students are encouraged to mingle with the midgets." - Mr. Jones' 1st Block Class

User avatar
dalebert
Woohoo!
Posts: 1324
Joined: April 5th, 2004, 6:34 am
Location: USA,Ohio
Contact:

Postby dalebert » August 24th, 2005, 12:54 pm

1968: (10-0) The 1968 Ohio State football team lives forever as a legend with the Ohio State community. Eleven players from this team earned All-American honors and six went on to become first round draft picks in the NFL. Jim Otis and Rex Kern powered the offense which averaged 440 yards per game while Jack Tatum and Jim Stillwagon anchored a strong defense. The team’s breakout game came against the No. 1 ranked Purdue Boilermakers. The defense proved invincible in this game, scoring the first touchdown and shutting out the Boilermakers. The team tallied only victories throughout the rest of the season and found themselves in the Rose Bowl ranked No. 1, facing No. 2 Southern California. Coming from 10 points behind, the Buckeyes won the game 27-16 and secured their fifth national title
OJ Simpson played in that game for USC. Met Jim Stillwagon on a one on one work related meeting in columbus. Nice guy who loves his cigars while talking*cough, cough* to u... :lol: :cry: :D

User avatar
dalebert
Woohoo!
Posts: 1324
Joined: April 5th, 2004, 6:34 am
Location: USA,Ohio
Contact:

Postby dalebert » September 3rd, 2005, 12:06 pm

can tell you this, Ohio State is a bunch of worthless nuts....
Miami (OH) GO REDHAWKS!!!!!!!


RR...u didnt think i would let u forget?...... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Ohio State won 34-14(14 points came against their second stringers)


Return to “Entertainment”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login  •  Register