Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad
TC wrote:I am still not happy about this game (lsu/ut) YES I am happy they won, NO I am not happy about the setup of the game. Don't tell me that UT was just as prepared as LSU (if you read my post before I deleted it because I was having a bad night an my attitude was not the best) I said it would take UT half a game just to get into the game. UT did not play well at all until the second half.
Game of the week for October 1. Virginia Tech @ West Virginia. VA Tech looks very good right now, possibly even a #2 or #1 team in the land. Morgantown is not an easy place to play. Have not seen a line on this but I would say Tech is favored by at least 2 touchdowns. This game has the potential of being closer than folks think, but in the end VA Tech leaves Morgantown still among the undefeated.
VA Tech 24- WVU 10
2. Urban Meyer, welcome to the SEC. I've seen the spread option offense on paper, I've read about it, I've been impressed with it, and I've been in awe at Chris Leak's ability to run it. But, I never thought such an option-heavy offense will work well in this conference. Defensive speeds are light years ahead here of what you've seen in the Mountain West and at Bowling Green. You're an innovative guy, and a bit cocky --- both of those traits will do you good, but you're going to have go back to the drawing board. That offense is not going to fly here long. Bama's defense is good, but not good enough to so thoroughly dominate an offense that was supposed to be so ahead of the curve in college football offense theory. UT could've stopped you, but for whatever reason didn't; your win over UT was more about your own defense (which is incredibly fast) than your offense, which scored only 16 pts. to beat UT. You should be thankful you don't play Auburn this year, too.
TC wrote: UT has a great Bend don't break defense, they may let you have one or two good runs but they are going to stop you sooner or later. UT during the LSU game (after they were awakened at half) were able to make a positive drive and not lose it on the next drive...
I don't like the 'bend-but-don't-break' D --- and that term was invented when he was the coordinator at Bama in the 80's. I didn't like it then, and I don't like it now.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests