The Dixie Chicks?

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Are you ready for the Dixie Chicks?

The Dixie Chicks are cool.
0
No votes
I'll never listen to the Quacks again.
19
48%
I would listen if they'd just shut up.
11
28%
Other.
10
25%
 
Total votes: 40

User avatar
scooter
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4976
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 3:58 pm
Location: USA,Florida

The Dixie Chicks?

Postby scooter » May 22nd, 2006, 3:06 am

I guess they are fixin to come out with a new album.

With all the backlash they received resulting in the downward spiral of the band, do you think they are ready for a big comeback?
What we need here is a good revival! lol

User avatar
LisaMarie
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...
Posts: 301
Joined: February 10th, 2004, 10:19 am
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

reply

Postby LisaMarie » May 22nd, 2006, 3:19 am

They just totally get on my nerves! :roll:
I WILL SING OF YOUR LOVE FOREVER!!!

User avatar
scooter
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4976
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 3:58 pm
Location: USA,Florida

Re: reply

Postby scooter » May 22nd, 2006, 3:23 am

LisaMarie wrote:They just totally get on my nerves! :roll:


Response: I hear ya.

Is it more them or their sound or both for you?

I don't mind their sound if they are singing but I can't get past them talking. :shock: 8)
What we need here is a good revival! lol

User avatar
Shellie
Site Admin
Posts: 8750
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 4:24 pm
Location: USA,Florida
Contact:

Postby Shellie » May 22nd, 2006, 3:25 am

Hey, maybe Michael Moore could produce a movie with Jane Fonda starring and the the Dixie Chicks doing the sound track.
There never was a horse that couldn't be rode and there never was a cowboy that couldn't be throwed.

User avatar
Paully_44
Established Member
Posts: 7480
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 4:20 am
Location: USA,Washington

Postby Paully_44 » May 22nd, 2006, 3:26 am

I voted other, I cant stand that whole genre of music and never listen to it anyway.
Let the wild rumpus start!

User avatar
scooter
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4976
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 3:58 pm
Location: USA,Florida

Postby scooter » May 22nd, 2006, 3:29 am

Shellie wrote:Hey, maybe Michael Moore could produce a movie with Jane Fonda starring and the the Dixie Chicks doing the sound track.


Response: Yeah, and they could shoot it in France, or it could be a series then we could shoot them in France. :shock: :lol: 8)
What we need here is a good revival! lol

User avatar
RamboPreacher
RamboPreacher
Posts: 12355
Joined: July 17th, 2004, 5:41 pm
Location: USA, Texas

Postby RamboPreacher » May 22nd, 2006, 4:02 am

dixie who? (voted other, not sure I know who they are, or anything about them - my guess is something to do with country "music" - in quotes, because i put country in teh same catagorization as rap - non-music. heheheheheheheee)
Thanks, Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling

User avatar
LisaMarie
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...
Posts: 301
Joined: February 10th, 2004, 10:19 am
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

reply

Postby LisaMarie » May 22nd, 2006, 4:15 am

Both but their talking the most. I used to like them a little bit but they need to boot Natalie out as their spokesperson but I kind of think it's too late. They have made too many radio stations mad.
I WILL SING OF YOUR LOVE FOREVER!!!

User avatar
scooter
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4976
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 3:58 pm
Location: USA,Florida

Re: reply

Postby scooter » May 22nd, 2006, 4:20 am

LisaMarie wrote:Both but their talking the most. I used to like them a little bit but they need to boot Natalie out as their spokesperson but I kind of think it's too late. They have made too many radio stations mad.


Response: That's about the exact same way I feel.
What we need here is a good revival! lol

User avatar
MacUser
Established Member
Posts: 6224
Joined: July 13th, 2004, 4:55 am
Location: USA,Mississippi

Postby MacUser » May 22nd, 2006, 5:07 am

I personally never cared or heard the Dixie Chicks music.. but I did hear the Dixie "Agenda" Chicks "shoot themselves in the both feet" remix on the news and glad I never listened.
Chris -

... Behold, the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world!
John 1:29

User avatar
Mike Vande
I like flapjacks.
Posts: 3859
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 6:22 pm
Location: USA,Kansas

Postby Mike Vande » May 22nd, 2006, 5:55 am

I saw the bit about them on 60 Minutes a week or so ago. I wish they'd just shut up about it and go on. Or, maybe they could just apologize for making inappropriate statements. Either way, they're already rich enough they'll never miss a meal for the rest of their lives, so they could stop making music and it wouldn't hurt them. But if they would just quit dragging the whole mess up again and again, it might go away for them, even if they didn't apologize. When they keep rubbing people's noses in their views, what do they expect?
Why is it that bad decisions seem to make to most interesting testimonies?

Gerald Creasy

Postby Gerald Creasy » May 22nd, 2006, 7:03 am

The only thing I ever saw the Dixie Chicks do that I like was sing "Landslide" at the Ryman auditorium.

Wow! A Fleetwood Mac song on the Opry.

Who'da thought it?

User avatar
Sherry
Moderator
Posts: 5731
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 6:13 pm
Location: USA,Texas
Contact:

Postby Sherry » May 22nd, 2006, 8:00 am

Dixie Chicks will never be what there once were....they ruined that when they forgot who they were, "country singers" because when all that hit the fan....let me just say Texas fans were ready to do an ol' fashion hangin'! :lol: :shock:

I never was a fan, and I never will be.

User avatar
teach
I can see clearly now!
Posts: 2829
Joined: April 25th, 2006, 6:14 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby teach » May 22nd, 2006, 8:52 am

I hate country music and I am not fond of southern gospel either, so I don't like the dixie chicks!

wendy k

User avatar
scooter
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4976
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 3:58 pm
Location: USA,Florida

Postby scooter » May 22nd, 2006, 8:54 am

teach wrote:I hate country music and I am not fond of southern gospel either, so I don't like the dixie chicks!

wendy k


Response: Now don't hold back sister, tell us how you really feel! 8)
What we need here is a good revival! lol


Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Login  •  Register