The Dixie Chicks?

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Are you ready for the Dixie Chicks?

The Dixie Chicks are cool.
0
No votes
I'll never listen to the Quacks again.
19
48%
I would listen if they'd just shut up.
11
28%
Other.
10
25%
 
Total votes: 40

DaJudge
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4477
Joined: June 10th, 2004, 3:33 am
Location: USA,Georgia

Postby DaJudge » May 22nd, 2006, 4:43 pm

I like what Larry the Cable Guy said about about the Dixie Chicks:

"If it wasn't for those two pretty sisters, Natalie Maines would just be another clerk at a Lane Bryant store in Nashville." :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Shellie
Site Admin
Posts: 8750
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 4:24 pm
Location: USA,Florida
Contact:

Postby Shellie » May 23rd, 2006, 12:39 am

DaJudge quoted Larry the Cable Guy as saying:

"If it wasn't for those two pretty sisters, Natalie Maines would just be another clerk at a Lane Bryant store in Nashville


Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!!
There never was a horse that couldn't be rode and there never was a cowboy that couldn't be throwed.

User avatar
Jennifer Smith
Moderator
Posts: 3745
Joined: June 23rd, 2003, 11:40 am
Location: USA,Indiana

Postby Jennifer Smith » May 23rd, 2006, 2:01 am

Hey, maybe Michael Moore could produce a movie with Jane Fonda starring..


That's funny. :)
Didn't Jane Fonda get saved a few years back?

The only thing I know about the Dixie Chicks is that they dress trashy
or they did the one time when I saw them on tv- there's no self respect or dignity in that!
..I press on to take hold of that
for which Christ took hold of me.
-Phil 3:12

User avatar
scooter
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4976
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 3:58 pm
Location: USA,Florida

Postby scooter » May 23rd, 2006, 3:04 am

Jennifer Smith wrote:
Didn't Jane Fonda get saved a few years back?
!


Response: I think she did that and 1/2 way apologized to help her sales in a book or movie she put out. :shock:
What we need here is a good revival! lol

User avatar
scooter
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4976
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 3:58 pm
Location: USA,Florida

news

Postby scooter » May 23rd, 2006, 3:15 am

What we need here is a good revival! lol

DaJudge
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4477
Joined: June 10th, 2004, 3:33 am
Location: USA,Georgia

Re: news

Postby DaJudge » May 23rd, 2006, 4:35 am



So sad :cry:

Just goes to show you the truth of another Larry the Cable Guy quote in his long running feud with the Dixie Chicks:

"Country music fans are traditionally patriotic and pro-American. [The Dixie Chicks] might as well have gone to a trailer park with a megaphone and yelled 'Wal- Mart sucks!'

Dr. Ron
I like flapjacks.
Posts: 3688
Joined: December 14th, 2004, 10:53 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Dixie Chicks

Postby Dr. Ron » May 23rd, 2006, 5:06 am

Teach,
If you don't like country and or southern gospel, then you ain't from the south and you shore ain't no christian.

All our roots in church music (pentecostal) are derived from country western and southern gospel. Most of the great writers I know, ( and I know a bunch) cut their teeth on these genres.

Now for the Chicks...............Get Lost!!!
Dr. Ron

Gerald Creasy

Postby Gerald Creasy » May 23rd, 2006, 5:41 am

How can something that has two things I love and admire so much, Dixie and chicks, go so terribly wrong??

User avatar
dolfan
Established Member
Posts: 8016
Joined: March 17th, 2004, 1:25 pm
Location: USA,Alabama
Contact:

Postby dolfan » May 23rd, 2006, 6:05 am

Last night's episode of Medium had a love song refrain, acoustic, pleasant. I'd never heard it. It was catchy. When the show went off, a blurb came up about it being a song from the DC's new album. I told my wife, "That's too bad that I can't like that song now." She said, "Me, too."
Dixie Chicks, take this advice: Don't let people know it is YOU doing the singing.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

User avatar
scooter
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4976
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 3:58 pm
Location: USA,Florida

Postby scooter » May 23rd, 2006, 8:11 am

DaJudge wrote:I like what Larry the Cable Guy said about about the Dixie Chicks:

"If it wasn't for those two pretty sisters, Natalie Maines would just be another clerk at a Lane Bryant store in Nashville." :lol: :lol:


Response: Why can I hear that guys voice when yall quote him.

BTW where'd that other quote go? :shock: 8)
What we need here is a good revival! lol

User avatar
teach
I can see clearly now!
Posts: 2829
Joined: April 25th, 2006, 6:14 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Re: Dixie Chicks

Postby teach » May 23rd, 2006, 10:31 am

Dr. Ron wrote:Teach,
If you don't like country and or southern gospel, then you ain't from the south and you shore ain't no christian.

All our roots in church music (pentecostal) are derived from country western and southern gospel. Most of the great writers I know, ( and I know a bunch) cut their teeth on these genres.


I grew up in Vicksburg, Ms, so I am definitely from the south. NO QUESTION about it. As far as being a Christian, I am definitely that, but only by the grace of God. I grew up on southern gospel and country music and it is soooooooooo repetitive, you can hardly call it art. I can't stand it, but that doesn't take away from who I am and I am sure of that!

wendy k

Dr. Ron
I like flapjacks.
Posts: 3688
Joined: December 14th, 2004, 10:53 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Dixie Chicks

Postby Dr. Ron » May 23rd, 2006, 12:13 pm

Teach ,
Just messing with you kid! If you grew up in Vicksburg, you do know about the south...............but to make a statement that country or southern gospel can hardly be called an art form lets me know that you don't know much about music.
Dr. Ron

User avatar
ImaPK
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4300
Joined: March 14th, 2004, 10:42 am
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby ImaPK » May 23rd, 2006, 12:14 pm

WKDF here in Nashville still refuses to play the DC...says if they do their phone lines get swamped with angry calls...just heard the station manager say that on the local news :wink:
People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. Author Unknown.

User avatar
Mike Vande
I like flapjacks.
Posts: 3859
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 6:22 pm
Location: USA,Kansas

Postby Mike Vande » May 24th, 2006, 1:09 am

Well, they can't say their publicist isn't trying to get them sales on the new album. They've been on every major news outlet I can think of, Letterman, and they'll probably hit the rest of the talks shows as well. And, with their tunes being used on TV shows as background music, they are really trying to get folks to like their music without knowing who did it at first. I will be surprized if they don't get some sales on it, but I will be very surprized (and disappointed) if it goes gold in sales.
Why is it that bad decisions seem to make to most interesting testimonies?

User avatar
stevenson
I can see clearly now!
Posts: 2214
Joined: February 9th, 2004, 2:44 pm
Location: USA,Ohio

Postby stevenson » May 24th, 2006, 1:58 am

They (DC) could do a Milli Vanilli, rename the group "Female Gunslinger's", put yellowrose, shellie and kenya on the cover of the cd and they could lip the words while the chicks actually sing! Gosh, I'm good, problem solved!
"No, I am just telling you what the Word says" -Vestal Goodman

Oneway Ministries


Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

cron

Login  •  Register