The Dixie Chicks?

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Are you ready for the Dixie Chicks?

The Dixie Chicks are cool.
0
No votes
I'll never listen to the Quacks again.
19
48%
I would listen if they'd just shut up.
11
28%
Other.
10
25%
 
Total votes: 40

User avatar
dolfan
Established Member
Posts: 8016
Joined: March 17th, 2004, 1:25 pm
Location: USA,Alabama
Contact:

Postby dolfan » May 25th, 2006, 7:36 am

I personally do not care for Roy Acuff due to his and Fred Rose's companies' mistreatment of Hank Willams' daughter, Jett. They weren't the only ones, but they were in on depriving that child of her right to be treated as Hank, Sr.'s daughter from the get-go. If you want the full story as it is told by the Alabama Supreme Court, see Catherine Yvonne Stone v. Gulf American Fire and Casualty Co., 554 So.2d 346 (Ala. 1989).
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

User avatar
RamboPreacher
RamboPreacher
Posts: 12355
Joined: July 17th, 2004, 5:41 pm
Location: USA, Texas

Postby RamboPreacher » May 25th, 2006, 8:20 am

I just got it - the "ditzy chicks" - bwahahahahaaaa (okay, so I am slow)
Thanks, Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling

Gerald Creasy

Re: Dixie Chicks

Postby Gerald Creasy » May 25th, 2006, 9:00 am

Dr. Ron wrote:Country has it's roots in the deep south and west (as in Texas).



AHH-HA! Take it Away, Leon!


And, Yes, I'm feeling pretty smug that no one knows what I'm talking about.

User avatar
scooter
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4976
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 3:58 pm
Location: USA,Florida

?

Postby scooter » May 25th, 2006, 9:13 am

What we need here is a good revival! lol

User avatar
dolfan
Established Member
Posts: 8016
Joined: March 17th, 2004, 1:25 pm
Location: USA,Alabama
Contact:

Postby dolfan » May 25th, 2006, 9:45 am

My great X 5 grandfather (well, one of them) was a "Kizer" who migrated from Germany to North Carolina. Wonder if I'm any kin.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Gerald Creasy

Re: ?

Postby Gerald Creasy » May 25th, 2006, 9:47 am




If you are responding to me: Wrong Leon

DaJudge
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4477
Joined: June 10th, 2004, 3:33 am
Location: USA,Georgia

Postby DaJudge » May 25th, 2006, 10:14 am

Last edited by DaJudge on May 25th, 2006, 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jamais Vu
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...
Posts: 294
Joined: May 24th, 2006, 4:51 am
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby Jamais Vu » May 25th, 2006, 10:14 am

i really dont understand why all the hate for the dixie chicks. if i were a fan of their music, i would listen to them. im not sure what their political views has anything to do with how my ears and brain react to the soundwaves.

these days they will let anyone play at the ryman. they have hard rock acts, and british rock there all the time. bahhhhh oasis?....gag.

DaJudge
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4477
Joined: June 10th, 2004, 3:33 am
Location: USA,Georgia

Postby DaJudge » May 25th, 2006, 10:17 am

Jamais Vu wrote: im not sure what their political views has anything to do with how my ears and brain react to the soundwaves.


I'll tell you what their political views have to do with it. I will not put one thin dime of my hard earned money in that big mouth Natalie Maines' pocket. She can hate the president if she so desires. She can go to other countries during a time of war and denounce our leader, but I shall not subsidize it.

User avatar
Jennifer Smith
Moderator
Posts: 3745
Joined: June 23rd, 2003, 11:40 am
Location: USA,Indiana

Postby Jennifer Smith » May 25th, 2006, 11:36 am

Dr. Ron, I'm going to back Wendy up on this one (a little bit). Southern gospel was fine in its day but modern music is more syncopated, interesting and "happier" sounding. :D

Now don't tell any of our church members I said that! :shock: :D
..I press on to take hold of that
for which Christ took hold of me.
-Phil 3:12

Gerald Creasy

Postby Gerald Creasy » May 25th, 2006, 1:00 pm



Very Good Judge, Google is an amazing thing isnt it?

DaJudge
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4477
Joined: June 10th, 2004, 3:33 am
Location: USA,Georgia

Postby DaJudge » May 25th, 2006, 3:43 pm

Gerald Creasy wrote:


Very Good Judge, Google is an amazing thing isnt it?


So it is, Gerald, so it is.

DaJudge
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4477
Joined: June 10th, 2004, 3:33 am
Location: USA,Georgia

Postby DaJudge » May 25th, 2006, 3:43 pm

Jennifer Smith wrote:Dr. Ron, I'm going to back Wendy up on this one (a little bit). Southern gospel was fine in its day but modern music is more syncopated, interesting and "happier" sounding. :D

Now don't tell any of our church members I said that! :shock: :D


I agree. I'm a country fan, but Southern Gospel puts me to sleep. Booooooooooooooooooooooooring.

User avatar
doris
1100 Dalmatians
Posts: 1123
Joined: June 30th, 2003, 5:42 pm
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby doris » May 25th, 2006, 4:14 pm

I have to have a say here. You people are getting to be so modernistic.

When i listen to Southern Gospel, even by myself, I can have church.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess, but I really wonder about some of you.
doris



I am Blessed & Highly Favored

User avatar
ImaPK
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4300
Joined: March 14th, 2004, 10:42 am
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby ImaPK » May 25th, 2006, 4:26 pm

Some of you need to get a copy of The World Challenge Singers and listen to it and then say that Southern Gospel is booooooooooooring. Now that group could get your feet moving or make your eyes "water". :)
People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. Author Unknown.


Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 43 guests

Login  •  Register