DaJudge wrote:Having heard most Southern Gospel groups, I stand by my analysis that it is boring. It's not that they don't put on a show. They do. It's just that that type of music does nothing for me. I'm glad it does for ya'll.
I am not a spokesperson or huge fan of Southern Gospel. I like all styles of music, but not all categories of music. I am a "mood" person when it comes to music. I can listen to Mozart and I can listen to the Beach Boys, but anything in the Christian category would be top priority, whether the style of Southern Gospel, Country, Pop, or Rap, etc...
I have always liked all types of music. I was one of few in High School who could jam to Hank, Jr., Z.Z. Top, or Run DMC all in the same session.
I like Southern Gospel at times (certain groups), Country Gospel even better, but mostly I listen to Contemporary Christian music, etc... If I desire to really worship God, I get out the P & W.
I consider myself somewhat of a music critic.

When I graduated, I owned cassettes (no Cd's back then) of just about every popular artist in several categories, about 400 in all. I have always been a huge music guru.
Long live music!
God bless,
pa