America's Got Talent

A forum for the discussion of TV, movies, music and pop-culture influences from a Christian perspective. A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

User avatar
crazygirl
Regular
Posts: 24
Joined: September 28th, 2004, 12:32 pm
Location: USA,Alabama

America's Got Talent

Postby crazygirl » June 22nd, 2006, 6:51 pm

I watched this last night and loved it. It reminded me of American idol meets Star Search, meets the Gong show. If you haven't seen it, it comes on Wednesday nights on NBC. I know it's church night, but tape it or TIVO it. It's worth it.

User avatar
Paully_44
Established Member
Posts: 7480
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 4:20 am
Location: USA,Washington

Re: America's Got Talent

Postby Paully_44 » June 23rd, 2006, 4:19 am

crazygirl wrote:I watched this last night and loved it. It reminded me of American idol meets Star Search, meets the Gong show. If you haven't seen it, it comes on Wednesday nights on NBC. I know it's church night, but tape it or TIVO it. It's worth it.


I watched this too. Reminded me completely of the Gong show. Some stuff was funny, some was amazing and some was just plain dumb. I'll probably watch it again.
Let the wild rumpus start!

DaJudge
-= J2 =-
Posts: 4477
Joined: June 10th, 2004, 3:33 am
Location: USA,Georgia

Postby DaJudge » June 23rd, 2006, 8:10 am

I know Simon Cowell is producing this show. Is he on it at all, or is he just producing?

User avatar
crazygirl
Regular
Posts: 24
Joined: September 28th, 2004, 12:32 pm
Location: USA,Alabama

Postby crazygirl » June 23rd, 2006, 8:18 am

It didn't show him (Simon) at all the first night. I think he'll stay out of it, maybe save his face for American Idol. Don't know though.

User avatar
Paully_44
Established Member
Posts: 7480
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 4:20 am
Location: USA,Washington

Postby Paully_44 » June 23rd, 2006, 8:39 am

DaJudge wrote:I know Simon Cowell is producing this show. Is he on it at all, or is he just producing?


The judges are 2 males & 1 female. 1 Caucasian, 1, African American & 1 Brit. Sounds like AI to me.

It may get better over time, but they (these judges) really tried to hard to be funny or rude or serious.
Let the wild rumpus start!

User avatar
Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 10475
Joined: January 28th, 2003, 9:03 pm
Location: USA,Hawaii
Contact:

Re: America's Got Talent

Postby Pastor Gary » June 24th, 2006, 12:19 pm

crazygirl wrote:...church night, but tape it or TIVO it. It's worth it.


Church night? :?: :shock: :oops:

Oh, yeah… that. Mid-week service. Got it. (Memories…)
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

User avatar
Preaching-Mason
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...
Posts: 375
Joined: May 26th, 2005, 5:27 pm
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby Preaching-Mason » July 13th, 2006, 4:06 pm

lil girl from Franklin TN went through to the finals, by singing and Yodaling( sp)


She is goooooddddd :D :D :D
As a Mason and a Preacher, I get to lay foundations that last the test of time......But only if its done right!

User avatar
crazygirl
Regular
Posts: 24
Joined: September 28th, 2004, 12:32 pm
Location: USA,Alabama

Postby crazygirl » July 13th, 2006, 8:02 pm

I missed it tonight. I was wondering who went through. I liked the yodeling girl, but I also like the 5 guys "All that", they were good.

The Miller brothers that the judges picked last night were awesome. I was so mad at Pierce (the British guy that tries to be Simon), when he said they the younger brother should ditch the older brother. That was cruel. I think their great together.

Anyway, I'm liking it more and more. It's a pretty good show.

Ilovebigcats
---=== J2 ===---
Posts: 5044
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 6:58 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Postby Ilovebigcats » July 14th, 2006, 8:11 am

The yodeling girl made it through.


Return to “Entertainment”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Login  •  Register