Here's what I'm not getting. Why isn't it God doing it when all these other agencies come into the picture? When a procedure or medicine or whatever is a causal part of someone's healing, how does that in any way diminish or change the fact that God is the one who did the healing??? Should we not give Him glory when the chemo works? Shouldn't we praise God for the skilled hands of a surgeon or the quick thinking-on-the-feet of a dynamo RN? If not, what do I do with that teaching of Scripture that says, "In all circumstances give thanks for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus?" Do I just beat at the air by thanking Him for something He had nothing to do with? No, of course not. Why is one means better than another?
About 4-5 months ago, a neurosurgeon told me I needed to immediately have a disc replacement surgery, not to delay. Things would only get worse. Well, I ignored that. I just didn't think he was right. No reason except it just didn't make sense to me that what he was telling me was going to make me miserable. I felt miserable, but guess what. Here it is July and the main problem I had was almost no mobility and virtually zero strength in my right shoulder. I've got probably 90% mobility, no pain to speak of, and probably 85-90% of my strength back, at least for what I normally need it for anyway. I'm thankful to God for that. I'll take that as a healing.
That doesn't mean that the surgeon was wrong or that I'd have been somehow morally or spiritually sidetracked by having it done. My pocket would be lighter a deductible and then some.

BUT, he could have, though, helped me avoid what might be a more serious problem later on. Maybe he's the smart one and I'm the dummy. Fine. I'll chance it. Surgery will still be costly, and the recuperation will still take a little time. Either way, the healer is God, whether by time and determination to build back my strength or by surgery ..... or by not relieving the problem (sometimes He does that, y'know).
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).