Romney

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4632
Joined: June 25th, 2004, 4:34 pm
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby Full Quiver » April 27th, 2012, 2:45 am

Well PA, what I take from that is that you prefer Obama's spiritual decisions over Mitt's.

Dawgs, you say you aren't concerned with what party someone is affiliated with but I say you are, you have to be. If someone aligns themselves with the Democrat party then they are saying that they are ok with the Liberal, Progressive agenda. They are ok with tree hugging, job killing EPA standards. They are ok with abortion of any kind at any time.

Now the GOP has an entire other list of probs but they don't include baby killing.
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

User avatar
scooter
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4976
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 3:58 pm
Location: USA,Florida

Postby scooter » April 27th, 2012, 5:10 am

dawgs10 wrote: with someone that can't do the job..


Response: :roll:
What we need here is a good revival! lol

User avatar
pastorables
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4748
Joined: February 9th, 2004, 10:01 am
Location: USA, Alabama
Contact:

Postby pastorables » April 27th, 2012, 1:57 pm

Full Quiver wrote:Well PA, what I take from that is that you prefer Obama's spiritual decisions over Mitt's.



Then you take it wrong.

I am simply making a factual statement that any president (republican or democrat) ever in office made decisions that affected our nation spiritually or morally in some way.

Your previous statements seemed to try to separate the office of president from the religious sector as if there is no connection; and you just can't do that.

As for Mitt Romney, I do not trust him any more than I do Obama and it has nothing to do with his religion. I believe he is saying all the right things and pushing all the right buttons to get elected, not to mention his true stance on healthcare.

I have not been convinced to exercise my right to vote since George W. Bush. I probably will not do so until the Republican party can offer someone who at least appears trustworthy.
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."Jim Elliot - Missionary Martyr

Image

User avatar
oletimer
Da Bomb!
Posts: 919
Joined: December 5th, 2007, 5:04 pm
Location: USA,Alabama

Postby oletimer » April 28th, 2012, 6:09 pm

pastorables wrote:

I have not been convinced to exercise my right to vote since George W. Bush. I probably will not do so until the Republican party can offer someone who at least appears trustworthy.


Anyone that doesn't vote against Obama is in reality voting for him. That is how Obama got in in the first place.
God Bless

User avatar
MacUser
Established Member
Posts: 6224
Joined: July 13th, 2004, 4:55 am
Location: USA,Mississippi

Postby MacUser » April 29th, 2012, 10:46 am

oletimer wrote:
Anyone that doesn't vote against Obama is in reality voting for him. That is how Obama got in in the first place.


You are correct in your assumption that this vote is 100% about the job performance of the existing President than the ideals for the opponent candidate.

This is a support or not support election. Its 100% about Obama and his vision. It shows that the American people can hire or fire an elected official based on work to date.

It also sends a loud message to the candidate that if He fails to govern like He ran his election... He will be replaced in 4 years as well.
Chris -

... Behold, the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world!
John 1:29

User avatar
pastorables
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4748
Joined: February 9th, 2004, 10:01 am
Location: USA, Alabama
Contact:

Postby pastorables » April 29th, 2012, 5:12 pm

oletimer wrote:
pastorables wrote:

I have not been convinced to exercise my right to vote since George W. Bush. I probably will not do so until the Republican party can offer someone who at least appears trustworthy.


Anyone that doesn't vote against Obama is in reality voting for him. That is how Obama got in in the first place.


I've heard that statement before and I respectfully disagree with it.

That's like saying if I'm talented in sports, say a great QB, and I choose not to play for my school, but join the band instead... any subsequent losses somehow become my personal responsibility to bear.
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."Jim Elliot - Missionary Martyr



Image

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4632
Joined: June 25th, 2004, 4:34 pm
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby Full Quiver » April 30th, 2012, 6:41 am

PA, if you are called to pastor a church and refuse to do so then you will be accountable for every soul at that church or who would step foot in that church and if you disagree I point you to the book of Jonah.

Now as a Christian and as an American I believe you are called to participate in the voting process. This country is founded on the "We the people" type government. You are the boss ultimately and you are negating your responsibility by taking your ball/vote and going home.
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

User avatar
pastorables
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4748
Joined: February 9th, 2004, 10:01 am
Location: USA, Alabama
Contact:

Postby pastorables » April 30th, 2012, 12:02 pm

Full Quiver wrote:PA, if you are called to pastor a church and refuse to do so then you will be accountable for every soul at that church or who would step foot in that church and if you disagree I point you to the book of Jonah.


If that's an attempt to sway me to vote for Romney, it didn't work. I don't have any problem with your remarks within their proper context.

Now as a Christian and as an American I believe you are called to participate in the voting process. This country is founded on the "We the people" type government. You are the boss ultimately and you are negating your responsibility by taking your ball/vote and going home.


Okay. Let's go with that business logic. I'm a CEO and I'm going to look to replace a narcissist with a pontificator, ObamaCare with RomneyCare, one influenced by Islam with one who claims allegiance to a movement that teaches Jesus and Satan are spiritual brothers. :roll:

FQ, I've simply been saying and continue with my stance that until I'm offered a viable candidate for the position, I'll just not worry with hiring a new one. I don't buy the argument that anyone is better than Obama.

Remember when everyone voted Clinton because of the pocketbook? Well, we all know how that worked out for the state of the union. Both of my parents lost long-time jobs over that hire.

I agree with Dawgs. It's the quality of the candidate for me, regardless of the party. I just don't see enough improvement with Romney to excite me to the polls.

I desire a candidate that I can trust and support with more than a misguided hope for something better.

God bless,
pa
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."Jim Elliot - Missionary Martyr



Image

User avatar
scooter
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4976
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 3:58 pm
Location: USA,Florida

I don't

Postby scooter » May 1st, 2012, 3:25 am

I don't understand how anyone could honestly think that four more years of Obama is okay enough to vote for him or not vote at all.
What we need here is a good revival! lol

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4632
Joined: June 25th, 2004, 4:34 pm
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby Full Quiver » May 1st, 2012, 5:33 am

PA, you aren't worried about hiring a new President but guess what, On Nov. 3 that is exactly what this nation is going to do whether Obama retains his position or someone else takes it. Whether or not we have an election is not your choice.

You seem to be stuck on Romneycare.

Do you understand that States have rights? They actually have far more power than the Federal government though Obama hates that.

Massachusetts being a Commonwealth has it's very own Constitution, not the same as Tennessee's or Mississippi's but it's very own. It doesn't say Congress shall make no law blah blah blah. It restricts and empowers the Legislature of Massachusetts alone.

Romneycare has been challenged in the state courts and has survived which means it is Constitutional in Massachusetts.

Guess what, we have TennCare in Tennessee and it's expensive. It is basically Clintoncare. She failed at getting it done Nationally but good ole Democrat Gov. Ned McWherter said we will do it in TN. We have a very Conservative legislature here now and a Republican governor and I've heard nothing of repealing that mess or defunding it. It replaced Medicaid, many doctor's refuse it, and it is what it is. Our Constitution allowed it and it doesn't appear to be going anywhere.

We have an opportunity to repeal Obamacare based on Congressional promises and on Romney's promise to not only sign a repeal but to also enact Executive orders to stop it.

Sure, al we have is his word, but it's far better than Obama's word that he will certianly fund it.

Now I ask you this PA, if the SCOTUS overturns Obamacare then the issue is off the table. Will you then vote Romney if he is indeed the GOP nominee?

Sure his religion says Satan and Jesus are brothers. We know that they are not. Carter's religion said "once saved always saved", Clinton's said womanize all you want, GW Bush's said social drinking was ok (these are all just passing observations). The fact is you've never agreed 100% with any President's religion so I don't believe that is a real factor here.

Good grief PA, you were a member of a cult for how many years of your life? People hired you didn't they. As far as I know they still allow you in a pulpit not really knowing whether or not you might bring up some of those old demonic doctrines that you once preached.

Satan much prefers your old teachings as to him being labeled the brother of Jesus. That one is too in your face for most folks, but those nice conniving church of God teachings were subtle, pretty, and convincing.
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

User avatar
MacUser
Established Member
Posts: 6224
Joined: July 13th, 2004, 4:55 am
Location: USA,Mississippi

Postby MacUser » May 1st, 2012, 12:39 pm

Ok..sorry couldn't hold back ;)

Full Quiver wrote:PA, if you are called to pastor a church and refuse to do so then you will be accountable for every soul at that church or who would step foot in that church and if you disagree I point you to the book of Jonah.


Gulp... mondo Covenant Confusion. It's NO condemnation in Christ Jesus. Nothing trumps that. Zip zero nadda.

Full Quiver wrote:Now as a Christian and as an American I believe you are called to participate in the voting process. This country is founded on the "We the people" type government. You are the boss ultimately and you are negating your responsibility by taking your ball/vote and going home.


That is a much better debate point.

As you know from my previous posts... I don't agree with my good friend PA because to me it's about FIRING A PRESIDENT first and I will gladly do that when I get my chance in November.... BUT.... if PA has his strong opinion and that is fine. Jesus is still Lord and His salvation is still for everyone. Whether we have Obamacare or Romeycare... or whatever earthly kingdom comes our way.

Let's not get legalistic and apply sheer witchcraft to manipulate a brother's opinions. Give your best reasons on why it's Good to unseat the existing. Then simply let him listen to what the Spirit is saying. His job is to lead us in ALL TRUTH, if we ask Him. I feel confident that PA can and will do that before election day.

If the Holy Spirit says for him to vote or not vote... then do just that with no condemnation.

If you perceive this as a misconduct on PA's part... Paul says let those that are Spiritual.... Not Smarter, Elders, Wiser, or [ insert requirement here ] to help that brother. BUT those that are able to discern GOOD vs EVIL in meekness, kindness, and love without manipulation less you fall into the trap as well.

Paul clearly saw that Jesus destroyed what was RIGHT... and instead replaced it with what was GOOD. It's a huge difference. I pray the Spirit reveal that fact to us all.

God Bless!
Chris -



... Behold, the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world!

John 1:29

User avatar
pastorables
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4748
Joined: February 9th, 2004, 10:01 am
Location: USA, Alabama
Contact:

Postby pastorables » May 1st, 2012, 3:35 pm

Full Quiver wrote:
Now I ask you this PA, if the SCOTUS overturns Obamacare then the issue is off the table. Will you then vote Romney if he is indeed the GOP nominee?



Probably not. I think I've made it clear that I don't trust Romney. Give me Mike Huckabee, Palin, or even Jeb Bush and I'll reconsider.

I'm not going to circle this mountain any longer, but in my opinion Obama is a wolf in wolf's clothing; yet Romney is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Which one is the most dangerous?

Blessings,
pa
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."Jim Elliot - Missionary Martyr



Image

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4632
Joined: June 25th, 2004, 4:34 pm
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby Full Quiver » May 2nd, 2012, 5:18 am

MacUser, The New Covenant or the New Testament states clearly that pastor's WILL give an account for the sheep entrusted to them. No way around that. Let's not toss around the "no condemnation in Christ Jesus" verse without regard to sin not saying that not voting is sinful.


PA, we may as well leave this alone because your statements of give me Palin or Jeb Bush are LUDICROUS! Earlier you mentioned rather have Trump when he has proven to not be conservative and God knows that the last thing we need is another BUSH on the ticket. Can we say LANDSLIDE for OBAMA and EVERY Democrat running for office in November if Jeb is on the ticket. What a joke.

I am convinced that you guys don't get much NEWS in Mississippi. :wink:

More power to you. At least I've convinced several around here to either vote GOP or just stay home. They can't swallow the fact that Obama is so pro-abortion and pro-gay even establishing a Gay Pride month. These folks staying home will make up for your need to have Bush in the White House.
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

User avatar
pastorables
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4748
Joined: February 9th, 2004, 10:01 am
Location: USA, Alabama
Contact:

Postby pastorables » May 2nd, 2012, 6:59 am

Full Quiver wrote:

I am convinced that you guys don't get much NEWS in Mississippi. :wink:



Just enough to know that the Bushes put more government money back in my pocket than anyone else ever has. :wink:

Sorry that the world's animosity for the Bushes have kept them blinded to the false promises made from political rancor. Jeb Bush would make a wonderful president in my opinion, but who asked me... 8)
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."Jim Elliot - Missionary Martyr



Image

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4632
Joined: June 25th, 2004, 4:34 pm
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby Full Quiver » May 3rd, 2012, 2:06 am

I am surprised that you are such a Bush fan seeing that HW Bush called multiple times for a New World Order and was in fact the head of the CIA for years. hmmmmmm

GW Bush may have cut taxes, mostly because the GOP ran the Congress, but he didn't have a problem spending that money along with that same Congress and he also prided himself on expanding Medicare with his prescription drug plan which is WELFARE and with his working across the aisle with the late Ted Kennedy for No Child Left Behind which GOP State Legislatures are running away from quickly because it is an absolute failure.

Sure, the Bush's are wonderful. Dang, HW couldn't even beat Clinton though we know that Reagan would have beaten him in a landslide.
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!


Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron

Login  •  Register